Ratings for Dr. Basil S. Al-Awabdy

Terrible doctor. I went in for nausea problems and he put me on probiotics and told me to wait for endoscopy for at least 6 weeks. A week later, I get a call from the pharmacy saying that he sent a prescription and I'm suppose to pick it up. There was no explanation of this med to me at the office and when I called to get an explanation, his medical assistant was extremely rude. I told them I didn't want to wait for the endoscopy and they gave me 1 possible day out of a whole month. When I told them that I will change Doctors then, all of the sudden the next day is available for endoscopy. His medical assistant also said on my chart, it's marked that I could have food allergy (which wasn't discussed what so ever at the office when I was there) or regular gastrolitis (which my primary doctor ruled out). Now I have to switch doctors and start this all over again. Thanks for wasting my money and precious time. Never go to him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

By far the best doctor I have ever seen. His bedside manner is wonderful. Very thorough and easy to talk to. Woodstock Endoscopy we went to was so on the ball. Wonderful spirit and kind. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Ladies up front at office in Woodstock are very helpful. Dr Nesmith who performed my surgery was SPECTACULAR!!!!!! Dr Al-Awabdy is too busy to meet with you and apparently too busy to return calls, either to myself or the pharmacist to begin treatment for a bacteria that is destroying my stomach lining and causes ulcers. He's very disinterested. Not what one hopes for in a physician, especially given the gravity of the situation. I'm changing providers...

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I have recently seen Dr al-awabdy and was very excited to have him as my specialist. I saw him on a friday. He was supposed to have 5 prescriptions sent electronically to my pharmacy that afternoon. By Saturday evening nothing had been received by my pharmacy, so I was forced to call and have the on call doc send some in. She was nice and after I spoke to her, she promised to call in the scripts. She only called in 4, omitting the one I actually needed the most. So again, I wait til Monday and finally speak to Dr al-awabdy's nurse, who read my file and said she would send over the one remaining script. It is now Tuesday afternoon. Still nothing.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

He listened quite a bit. Was really helpful. He explained things really well.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

He has a very bad bedside manner. He kept interrupting me, and didn't seem to care as what I had to say. When I left his office, I felt as though none of my questions or concerns were answered.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I saw Dr Alawabdy after he consulted on my case during my hospitalization. He has a wonderful bedside manner, is thorough, & performed the most thorough colonoscopy in the 9 yrs I've suffered with my GI issues. The problems began when I had to see him as an outpatient through his office. Dr Alawabdy's staff consists of unlicensed medical assistants who are rude, lazy, unhelpful, hostile, lack compassion for humanity, have very few skills (mine couldn't even take a manual BP). They are difficult to reach by phone &, if they do return your call, are rude & nasty & do not follow through on your phone discussions. It's very clear they do not have a basic understanding of the medications, anatomy, & labs associated with gastroenterology. Dr. Alawabdy's office, sadly is a business putting $$ before patients which is why there are no knowledgeable, licensed staff to make the outpatient experience positive.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

Dr. Basil S. Al-Awabdy's Credentials

• Mercer University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)