Ratings for Dr. Kathy Pratt

I had an aggressive form of basal cell carcinoma. After two biopsies and two removals, it was back in two weeks, each time. I was referred to Dr Pratt. She operated and it came back again two weeks later. The next time, she had to take it right to the bone on my cheek. The lab tested the sample and they got it all. Then she closed me up. Dr Pratt had to reconstruct the tissue removed, by taking it from other areas on the left side of my face. About a month later, I had to take my mother to her doctor, my wife to her doctor, and visit my doctor. All made comments. "That is recent isn't it. Man that is good work"; "Wow, that was nice work"; and my mom's doctor was the most interesting. While he and my mom were taking, he kept glancing at my cheek, cocking his head a bit. When there was a brief pause, I said it was cancer and explained the problems in getting rid of it. He said ,"oh , that is quite good. Excellent work. London? He was surprised when I told him it was Dr Pratt from Sarnia. "I'm going make more use of her. I had no idea she was that good". I asked him what constitutes "good surgery". " Everything is symmetrical, left side, right side. The way your skin makes cracks at the corners of your eyes, the same. The cut line is healing beautifully. In less then a year, people will have to go looking for the scar, to notice it". The scar was a four inch L shape. I was a layman . I was just happy the cancer was gone. It was dangerously close to the eye. Her peers, on the other hand, knew what to look for. We will always give Dr Pratt our highest recommendation. A very sagacious surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr.Pratt herself is very helpful and considerate...however there is one receptionist that is very rude at times and is a disservice to Dr. Pratt...she should be placed on the other side of the situation and see how she would respond to being treated the same way she treats patients now...my wife and I live an hour and a half from Sarnia and drove in for an appointment only to find the office closed...turned around and returned home...now sitting and waiting for a phone call to book another appt. waited 2 months for this appt. see how thoughtful they are when they call...

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

Dr. Pratt was excellent to deal with before my stapled hemroidectomy, explaining the procedures and what the recovery time should be. More time needs spent going over  possible complications though.  I called her office 2 days after the surgery because of acute pain and spoke with the receptionist whom was extremely rude and told me that I wasn't Dr. Pratts only patient and that I should go to the hospital ER. This happened several times and both receptionist were extremely rude and unprofessional. I took time off work to go to an appt. and when I arrived the receptionist told me she called my cell phone earlier and left a message that it had been canceled. To that effect (1st time in two yrs my iPhone didn't record a message or showed  a missed caller).  Next visit I arrived 10m early and waited approx 11/2 hrs while they took in patients that arrived after me. I  overheard the other recp ask if it was my turn next, her reply was " cough, cough,  you know the drill". Unprofessional!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

She is a very busy doctor but knows her stuff, she has saved my life more than once, she is dedicated to her patients, she listens. I trust her with my health. One of the best.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Excellent surgeon. truly cared about me and my problems. Was booked for my procedure within one week and follow up was within 2. Totally recommend

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

First went to see this Dr for a hemmorroidectomy. My first appt was cancelled. Booked for surgery and was cancelled and rebooked a week later unknowingly. Had problems and could not get a hold of her. Although the internal was done, I now had to have the external ones removed. Had first surgery cancelled while I was in the room waiting in day surgery. Surgery was for 2 and was cancelled at 1. Re booked for a month later as I wanted to give my work time to prepare for me being off. Went for my next pre admit and was told I was bumped to the next week. Went for my surgery and again was cancelled at the time of my surgery. Both times I had to take time off work, buy and do the prep work. I lost my 3 days of bonus days because of the extra time I had to take off for missed appointments and cancellations. Who pays for that! Her office is rude and unprofessional. I will never go back to her again.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

She was very helpful on my first visit. Got into my colonoscopy in one week. However, the sedative didn't take and I was awake and couldn't stop moving from the pain. Was scolded by her throughout the procedure, no time was given to let me rest and let the medicine work. She left after I was done without speaking with me. I was feeling nauseaus and they tried calling her but she never returned their call.Staff forgot to order CT Scan. It took them two weeks to return my call to advise me that they had forgotten it. They cancelled my follow up appointment cause they forgot the scan. That appt. was resched. for a month later. They cancelled that. They never return phone calls. Doctor went on vacation and than told me my appts were cancelled cause she was behind on surgeries. My Ct Scan found a lesion on my liver, but they have yet to follow up with me on it. My family doctor has been more helpful, would not return and can't recommend.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

My Father went in for day surgery about four years ago for his gallbladder. She cut his bile duct and he was rushed to London to save his life... It took a year for the damage to take it's toll and start showing with a bile duct blockage from scar tissue. He has been to London numerous times with them trying different things to reverse the damage caused by this doctor. He had forty percent of his liver removed due to the damage the bile duct caused. His condition contiues to worsen and he is all jaundice, dropping weight etc and a healthy sixty five year old is now on the liver transplant list because of her... As his oldest son I am now under pressure to consider a risky live donor liver transplant operation or risk my father passing away while waiting for a donor. At least she showed up at his door with flowers after the original surgery... maybe she can do the same at the funeral.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Takes months and in some cases a year and a half to see her. She has to prioritize her patients. I just wonder if this has resulted in some bad conclusions where time would have made a difference in treatment. In my case I was OK.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

I was so happy with Dr. Pratt 4 years ago,that I have my next colonoscopy booked with her for the Fall, even though I have since moved to Guelph. She made me feel very relaxed and answered all my questions about colon cancer, which runs in my family. I have recommended her to all my friendsand will continue to doso.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Dr. Kathy Pratt's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an aggressive form of basal cell carcinoma. After two biopsies and two removals, it was back in two weeks, each time. I was referred to Dr Pratt. She ope..."

September 10, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "N7S0" to "N7T 5P1". Address has been updated from "None" to "429 Exmouth Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15193320612".

June 3, 2015
  • Specialty changed from "Gastroenterologist" to "Colorectal / Proctologist"

May 30, 2013