Ratings for Dr. Thuria Elgedwi

unfortunately,this is the second complain I heard this week concerning #DrThuria Elgedwi

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

I want to complain about how I was treated in a very unprofessional and unethical way by DrThuria Elgedwi Dr Thuria Elgedwi had me for D and C but she didn’t discuss my condition with me before I performed the procedure which ended with Hysterectomy. When I got her operative report, I found that she diagnosed me with something called Asherman Syndrome. I don’t know what this is. She even wrote that she discussed with me the possibility of having a hysterectomy, but she didn't discuss with me anything like that . I didn’t sign any consent that says that this is a possibility. I wasn’t prepared emotionally for this. On the contrary, I was trying to get pregnant. She didn’t mention the word hysterectomy before and even didn’t talk about such complication. DrThuria Elgedwi used to talk to me in English and Arabic cause she is talking my same language and so I would of course remember if she got an informed consent from me about this possibility and if she had mentioned what I have “this Asherman thing’. This didn’t happen. She had different two languages to use to prepare me and she didn't bother. I was shocked after the operation that she took my uterus out. Saying this, after the surgery when I was crying and upset as my dreams of getting pregnant are now obsolete, she came in with a smile and talked in Arabic in the presence of the nurses congratulating me that I will no more suffer from the menstrual periods and that I am free now. She was not supportive or empathetic. I didn’t know what to tell her. I lost my dream of having a baby from my husband. It is a very strong psychic trauma to me and to my family. She even continued and said that hysterectomy was the thing she was afraid of the first time she saw me as a patient. This was very weird, because she has never discussed this in any of my visits. Even now, after the operation, she didn’t bother to explain to me why she had to make this decision in the operating room. Don’t I deserve an explanation? Don’t I deserve to be aware of this before going into surgery? Moreover, I had complications afterwards, and she refused to take me in or to follow up. DrThuria Elgedwi robbed me of my right to know the risks before the operation. Robbed me from my right to understand why. She didn’t show any emotional support after what happened. She treated me with complete negligence. I believe she didn’t follow the Canadian Health ethics. I am so sorry to say that I don’t trust her judgment any more and I do not understand up till now how D and C can end in Hysterectomy. I know I cannot have my uterus back, but I know the College of Physicians and Surgeons in Alberta will not deny me my rights to understand and be compensated for my loss. Moreover, I want to protect other women from having such a painful experience with this Dr.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018