Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Harpole

I have been to the group 3 time this was the most helpful, Dr. Harpole was very helpful to explained the process and what was found also and answered all of question.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Serious lack of urgency & care to get your problems solved. Lacking modern medical (past decade or two) knowledge/practice. Visited doctor 6 months ago with GI bleed, pain in upper right abdomen (gallbladder) and have a history of Crohn's Disease. After an esophogial duodenoscopy & colonoscopy I was sent home for a follow up in 3 weeks. Visited doctor & got sent home for another follow up in 3 weeks. This process went on for 4 more months, then I was told by Harpole he was "perplexed." Never once suggested a HIDA scan of my gallbladder or a HRCP (Sphincter of Oddi test). I had to Google my problems myself, go to the hospital & demand the ER to perform a HIDA scan (I was sick of suffering & waiting for "3 weeks later appointments"!) which had gone on for 6 months. Got the HIDA scan & found it's not my gallbladder. I just called his office asking for him to call in a muscle relaxer prescription to the pharmacy since my symptoms are getting worse & he told me to "take a Tylenol."

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013