Ratings for Dr. K Ramadan

I admit I was a little nervous because of other reviews, but couldn't have been more pleased with Dr. Ramadan and his staff. The two ladies at the front of his office were absolutely lovely! He was a little behind schedule but apologized more than once for this; and, it genuinely wasn't so long that he even needed to apologize. Dr. Ramadan offered me a lot of information and put options to me to choose which path I was most comfortable with and when I chose was very supportive and kind.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

It was an awful experience. I saw Dr. Ramadam when I was severely anemic after some hemorrhages. My iron levels were very below the minimum range, so my family doctor requested a blood transfusion to avoid organ failure. Dr. Ramadam considered I wasn't at risk and referred me to five iron infusion sessions instead. However four days later, I was in an emergency room because I wasn't breathing well and had chest pain. There I received the blood transfusion I needed to feel better. I'm disappointed with Dr. Ramadam because he took my condition lightly. It seems he's not knowledgeable. He was also unpunctual and sent a medical intern to fulfill most of the time of my appointment. On the other hand, the office staff sent the referral for the iron infusions several weeks later. The appointment was supposed to be urgent, but they apologized saying they followed Dr. Ramadam's instructions. Nothing good to say. Highly not recommended.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I went to see Dr. Ramadan in April, and in November I am still waiting for the results of the blood tests.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Similar experience with front line staff, completely forgot to book my tests for 3 months, booked me into appointment to review tests, and tests were not even done..

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

The office assistant, Tracy, is unlike any male of female person I have encounter in any kind of facility. She is a mean bully. Not a kind word could come out of her mouth. It is horrible that a bully like her is dealing with sick patients. Sick people have enough to deal with without an ignorant bully like Tracy. She is unfit for any position dealing with people.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I have to say, Dr. Ramadan is by far the most helpful hematologist I have seen, and I have seen many of them. He explained me everything regarding my condition after reading thoroughly all of my reports (about a dozen pages). I asked him at least a dozen questions, very detailed ones, and unlike most other doctors, he answered all of my questions.He is extremely patient, knowledgeable and precise. Unlike other people who commented, I had pleasant experience with the clerk as well. However I think Dr. Ramadan deserves 5 stars.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

This is not a rating for Dr Ramadan as I have not seen him yet... this is for his clerk (Kim) - She is very unhelpful and clueless on how to properly deal with patients and other health care professionals...

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Absolutely appalling booking clerk. Referred due to chronic anemia and elevated red blood cell count, and fact that other sibling has leukemia. Finally notified of appointment 8 months in the future. September 3 tried to inquire whether appointment could be rescheduled (appointment still two months away). After countless attempts to reach a live person to ask, finally left a voicemail message explaining the scheduling conflict. Left message asking whether appointment could be rescheduled to either a Monday morning or after exams December 15. Booking clerk didn't contact me at all, just sent fax to family physician advising them that the November appointment cancelled at my request, reschedulled to April 2014. At the very least patients should be warned that appointments cannot be rescheduled and/or face another 7 month wait. We now have to wait a year to see a hematologist, despite a family history of blood cancer. Appalling patient care (non existent)

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013