Ratings for Dr. Charles Ron Byrd

Dr Byrd is an excellent doctor, as is his PA Carol Lynn. Been seeing them for over 10 years now. They both spend time time explaining what they are doing and keeping you informed. Both are extremely competent. Occasionally they seem a little hurried, but in general much less so than many other doctors.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I've been going to dr. Byrd and Carol Lynn for as long as I can remember. I've even had a procedure done on my back before a festival, ran into dr. Byrd and had a mini check up right there on the field. He has always treated me with the upmost respect and gets my 'weird' personality. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Carol Lynn is amazing, funny and sweet. I love the option of seeing her and her smile when I walk into the office. For the rest of the people complaining about the wait times... Really? What doctor office doesn't have you waiting forever? Also, would you rather have a doctor sit down and answer your questions or run out of the room as fast as possible? I've recommended both these professionals and would do so again.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

This Doctor order test (expensive test) and never to this date called or mailed me the results. He gave me a surgeons card and his diagnosis was completely wrong

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

Dr. Byrd is the best doctor I ever had. He is attentive to what is said and has diagnosed situations I would not have thought about on several occasions. He follows my medical history, to make sure that I am "on track" with on-going care.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Great Doctor, very professional and gives sound advise. I have been with him for 10 years, and will continue to drive in from Buda for his services.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

the staff has made mistake after mistake w/ my paperwork. byrd is just weird. during my routine physical i asked for a hiv test. he told me, "unless i'm doing street drugs or sleeping with prostitutes i don't need to worry about it." if that's the type of sound advice you're looking for he's perfect.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

I love this Dr. He has been mine and my daughter's Dr. for 8 or 9 yrs now. He has always listened carefully, addressed our issues, given an alternative treatment when possible, addresses us personally by name (and remembers information about us!) and has a great bedside manner. The staff in the past has been unhelpful, but I haven't had any problems recently. Regardless, I would refer him and his PA Carol Lynn Langer. She is just as professional and personal as Dr Byrd.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Dr. Byrd is a Board Certified Family Practitioner and one of the best I encountered in 30 years of practice in an allied health field. Everything I would say is positive from his current data-based research knowledge to his ability to work very different kinds of patients (which I have obsverved). He is patient and outcome-oriented, and in my view, after 15 years of practice a in the Baylor-UT complex in Houston, one of the Texas' best family docs. Count yourself blessed if you can get into his practice.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Byrd for 10 years. I don't like going to the Doctor but I have got good advice from Dr. Byrd, and his referrals are quick. Dr. Byrd does try to take time to explain whats going on.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

Staff: Can be rude and petty at times. I actually witnessed the staff blame a patient for staff scheduling the wrong time and not calling the patient back to inform them. Somehow this was the patient's fault. Another time, the woman answering the phone thought she was on mute and I overheard her complaining about my records request. Not very tactful. The PA is very nice and helpful. I enjoy seeing her the most. Dr. Byrd seems to always be in a rush and doesn't bother to review my file before meeting. I constantly feel like I'm wasting his time two or three times a year when I do get very sick. On several occasions, his initial diagnosis was way off until he finally sent me to a specialist. He seems to assume that problems are simply self addressable problems and provides the least common denominator prognosis when a little more time, questioning, and exploration can provide a more accurate picture of the problem. Like, "what remedies have you already tried?".

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

Dr. Charles Ron Byrd's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1992)

Amerigroup