Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Curtis

Hi my name is Cielle, I am 36 years old and I have until recently suffered from chronic back pain, weight gain and depression. I had limited movement and at times due to pinching of my sciatica nerve sharp shooting pain down my legs and up my neck. I have two young children (2 and 6 years old) and being a single mum was depending upon my mum and family/friends to aid me. I could not even get my child out of his cot or pick him up. I was referred to Dr Jonathan Curtis by my GP who had seen first hand how much I was suffering and saw how much pain I was in. Meeting Dr Jonathan Curtis for the first time was a real life changer, he listened to my story and was so professional and kind to me. After some serious discussion with my family and gaining the support I needed for my recovery, I decided to move froward with surgery. Although the thought of surgery was scary.....the thought of going on like I was, was a whole lot worse! The day of surgery came and I checked into North Shore Private. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The surgery for me was a breeze, once I went under I remember nothing (which is how it should be I think!) In recovery I slept mostly. The physio had me mobile within a day and had me doing laps of the hospital halls within a few days, also doing stairs within 4 days! The VERY BEST decision I have ever made for myself. Surgery date was 26th July and I am here now 15th September and doing my first 5 kilometre parkrun. I feel strong and blessed! I can play with my boys, I can mow the lawn, I have more motivation and movement than I have had in years! There is a stigma attached to the word "fusion" believe me I had fear! But I wouldn't change a thing. I can not stress how important it was for me to have a surgeon that I could trust. Dr Jonathan Curtis went above and beyond to give me back my life. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is considering surgery. Thank you Thank you Thank you

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

I would like to give Dr. Jonathan Curtis 10 stars...some how only 1 came up.. My aneurysm was an incidental finding from having a MRA for a hearing test. I was in shock-anxiety set in and I felt like a walking time bomb. I feel lucky to have used Dr.Curtis as my surgeon as I found him very calming. He explained step by step what needed to be done to have the aneurysm clipped. Knowing that I had a surgeon with a excellent reputation who had done these clippings before put me at ease. The Operation was successful and the staff at RNSH Private were very caring. So happy it's all over and recovering well. I had lot's of questions for Dr.Curtis at my 7 week post operation appointment which were all answered and I now feel at ease to continue with my life. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Curtis to anyone. Margherita

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

My aneursm was an incidental find from having a MRA fo a hearing problem. I was in shock - anxiety set in and I felt like a walking time-bomb. I feel lucky to have used Dr. Curtis as my surgeon as I found him very calming. He explained step by step what needed to be done to have my aneurysm clipped. Knowing I had a surgeon with a good reputation who had done clippings before put me at ease. The operation was successful and the staff at RNSH Private were very caring. So happy it's all over and recovering well. I had lot's of questions for Dr. Curtis at my 7 week post operation appointment which were all answered and now I feel at ease to continue with my life. I would highly recommend Dr. Curtis to anyone. Margherita

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Earlier this year I suffered a debilitating bout of sciatica that left me with leg numbness and continual pain when standing or sitting. After a consult with Dr Curtis it became very clear that the sciatica wasn’t going to cure itself and I needed surgical intervention to decompress the nerves in my spine and my lower back needed support. A small complication was that I underwent planned knee replacement surgery on 27 Feb 18. Dr Curtis performed surgery on 12 April to decompress the nerves in my lower back and perform a spinal fusion. The result was immediate relief from sciatica and ability to walk and sit in relative comfort. Within a week I was completely pain free and worked with my physiotherapist and exercise physiologist to regain full mobility and core body strength lost during my long period of sciatica. Thanks to Dr Curtis’s surgerical skill I am now able to go on a planned holiday to Europe next week fully confident that my back issues have been resolved. A great outcome that has given me a new lease on life. I am a very satisfied patient. Thank you to Dr Curtis and Heather who also made every effort to schedule my surgery in time for me to recover for my holiday.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Im shocked there is not more reviews.... Between my son and this awesome neurosurgeon....i am still here today. 2.12.15 i had a ruptured brain aneurysm. I am a walking miracle thanks to Dr Curtis. People would not know what i went through if they saw me today. When i tell my story they are shocked. I wish Dr Curtis worked in Tasmania as my little brother died of his ryptured brain aneurysm last year....and yes it does run in the family. Ironic thing is both my brother and i went down 13 days before our 50th. You and my son are truly hero's to me. A huge thank you again for being so wonderful at your craft. Jude Kruger 👄👄👄

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

I have had 3 surgeries last year (2017) and I have had so much success and has added so much to my quality of life. I need 1 more this year and I have got so much faith in Dr Curtis and I feel blessed to have found such a competent dr. Every appointment he makes you feel so much at ease and he takes the time to explain things in terms I and my husband can fully understand

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I requested a referral to Dr Curtis on the recommendation of my sister, who has had two successful surgeries performed by him. I found him to be professional, polite, down to earth and very personable. He asked me questions and took the time to listen to my answers. I felt that he was interested in my needs as a patient, and in what he could do to help me. My appointment never felt rushed or timed. Dr Curtis is clearly very experienced and knowledgable and explained everything clearly. He was confident in his diagnosis and made me feel very comfortable about opting for surgery. He was realistic about the possible outcomes and proactive in helping me to address strategies for managing my health during recovery and in the future. I trusted his abilities and judgement, without question. I required a discectomy and decompression of my sciatic nerve. Prior to this, I had 9 months of increasing pain and discomfort while trying to care for my young child. The surgery has been very successful for me and has already greatly improved my quality and enjoyment of life with my little boy. I have a very neat little scar that has healed well and has been greatly admired by my GP. I'm very happy with the results. My hospital experience at North Shore Private was also excellent. Dr Curtis saw me before the surgery and again afterwards and encouraged any questions that I had. He also has an excellent secretary, who has been extremely helpful and friendly during the lead up to my surgery. Thank you so much, Dr Curtis, for a great experience and great results!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I could not have found a better surgeon who in particular is concerned only for his patients and their quality of life . I am an insurance case and my process has been somewhat horrific and long . Dr curtis has fought for my welfare and best interests throughout this course . I have had two surgeries . The first was in the public system which dr curtis pushed due to the typical politics of insurance companies . He hated seeing his patient in such pain . He explains everything in detail and takes great personal care after your procedures to make sure you are comfortable . He really is the best neuro . He gave me some quality of life . He is prompt with appointments . Always takes the time with you and your not on a time limit and rushed out the door . If you need to know anything you can email and he gets back to you very quickly . His staff are excellent and helpful and courteous . I'm so glad I was recommended dr curtis via my gp. She said he was the best and I believe he is . Thank you dr curtis .

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I travelled from Melbourne to have cervical spine fusion by Dr Curtis at North Shore Private. The whole process was managed extremely well; the caring and humble approach of Dr Curtis, and a first class hospital experience.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I would highly recommend dr curtis to anyone having spinal surgery of any kind . I have had two neck surgeries and of course we are all we are all nervous about any surgery of this nature . I totally trusted this man with my life and his caring personal nature . Every procedure is explained with great detail and you leave his office feeling safe and the feeling that he personally cares for your wellbeing . A wonderful genius !

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017