Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Curtis

I have had 3 surgeries last year (2017) and I have had so much success and has added so much to my quality of life. I need 1 more this year and I have got so much faith in Dr Curtis and I feel blessed to have found such a competent dr. Every appointment he makes you feel so much at ease and he takes the time to explain things in terms I and my husband can fully understand

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I requested a referral to Dr Curtis on the recommendation of my sister, who has had two successful surgeries performed by him. I found him to be professional, polite, down to earth and very personable. He asked me questions and took the time to listen to my answers. I felt that he was interested in my needs as a patient, and in what he could do to help me. My appointment never felt rushed or timed. Dr Curtis is clearly very experienced and knowledgable and explained everything clearly. He was confident in his diagnosis and made me feel very comfortable about opting for surgery. He was realistic about the possible outcomes and proactive in helping me to address strategies for managing my health during recovery and in the future. I trusted his abilities and judgement, without question. I required a discectomy and decompression of my sciatic nerve. Prior to this, I had 9 months of increasing pain and discomfort while trying to care for my young child. The surgery has been very successful for me and has already greatly improved my quality and enjoyment of life with my little boy. I have a very neat little scar that has healed well and has been greatly admired by my GP. I'm very happy with the results. My hospital experience at North Shore Private was also excellent. Dr Curtis saw me before the surgery and again afterwards and encouraged any questions that I had. He also has an excellent secretary, who has been extremely helpful and friendly during the lead up to my surgery. Thank you so much, Dr Curtis, for a great experience and great results!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I could not have found a better surgeon who in particular is concerned only for his patients and their quality of life . I am an insurance case and my process has been somewhat horrific and long . Dr curtis has fought for my welfare and best interests throughout this course . I have had two surgeries . The first was in the public system which dr curtis pushed due to the typical politics of insurance companies . He hated seeing his patient in such pain . He explains everything in detail and takes great personal care after your procedures to make sure you are comfortable . He really is the best neuro . He gave me some quality of life . He is prompt with appointments . Always takes the time with you and your not on a time limit and rushed out the door . If you need to know anything you can email and he gets back to you very quickly . His staff are excellent and helpful and courteous . I'm so glad I was recommended dr curtis via my gp. She said he was the best and I believe he is . Thank you dr curtis .

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I travelled from Melbourne to have cervical spine fusion by Dr Curtis at North Shore Private. The whole process was managed extremely well; the caring and humble approach of Dr Curtis, and a first class hospital experience.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I would highly recommend dr curtis to anyone having spinal surgery of any kind . I have had two neck surgeries and of course we are all we are all nervous about any surgery of this nature . I totally trusted this man with my life and his caring personal nature . Every procedure is explained with great detail and you leave his office feeling safe and the feeling that he personally cares for your wellbeing . A wonderful genius !

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I had spinal fusion and disc replacement surgery performed by Dr Curtis in May 2016. He was thorough and confident in his diagnosis of my condition and automatically put me at ease. Dr Curtis is very friendly, approachable, and open to any questions I had and explained to me in simple terms how the surgery was performed and what to expect as far as my recovery. In hospital, Dr Curtis visited me both immediately prior and post surgery to update me on how things went. I am still impressed with Dr Curtis' professionalism during my now infrequent post-op check ups. It is relatively easy to get in for an appointment, and all of his staff are very accommodating. I would not hesitate in recommending Dr Curtis if you need his services. And a special thank you to Dr Curtis for all that he has done for me, I cannot express my appreciation for all that you have done for me throughout this whole process.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

A very skilful surgeon, with a caring bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013