Ratings for Dr. Andrew Parker

Dont even go there, I wont again. An experience not to be repeated.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Intelligent, kind, thoughtful, goes to great lengths to provide a superb service, open, direct, honest and sympathetic, responds courteously and effectively to questions with great skill and sensitivity. Does everything except the impossible, and has a try at that too. He has been punctual and unhurried in his dealings with me. His style is basic, practical and down to earth compared to neurosurgeons in other countries. I cannot praise him too highly. By the way, I like doctors who run behind in their scheduling as it means they are always willing to go the extra mile. I would not let a Naturopath operate on my brain, would you ?

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

My experience with Mr. Andrew Parker has not been beneficial because: 1) he is always running behind in his booked appointment time by 30 minutes or more, then when I do get to see him he is constantly reminding me that other patients are waiting - thus I feel he is unfocused on my problem. 2) Mr Parker has suggested one temporary treatment option: corticosteriods to help with my health problem that may be unsafe for some sensitive people with other ailments , but when trying to discuss the adverse affects of this treatment Mr. Parker has blatantly told me he is not interested and to discuss with my GP, who advises to discuss with the specialist: Mr Parker - thus I kept being bounced back and forth between them, and who are being paid for nothing. This makes one question their specialist knowledge and if they should be in the positions they are in; and likewise with another locum doctor: Mr Arnar Astradsson, who I saw while Mr. Parker was away. 3) Also, the GP and Mr. Parker have suggested to talk to the Radiologist: Mr. Fitzjohn, who advises to talk to the GP and Mr. Parker - thus I am again being given the run-around - that makes one wonder about their skill level if all three of these specialists are not able to provide me with a definitive answers. 4) Because of the bouncing back and forth between specialist that has been going on for about one year, I requested from the radiology department fact sheets on the corticosteriods they use for my problem which state among other things the adverse effects if one has certain ailments, thus today I thought it best not to proceed and to trust my own instinct and understanding gained from the fact sheets. 5) Furthermore, during a previous visit with Mr. Parker he suggested to me he would not recommend Kenacort corticosteriod, which was one of the two corticosteriods planned to be used, as there have been recent developments in the U.S. where people have died from it. However, Mr. Parker advised he has no control or say in what corticosteriods the Radiology department is to use. 5) Mr. Parker is polite, but is unobliging to his patients, and fails to take under-consideration the whole illness picture of his recommended treatment options to include other ailments and treatment's adverse effects on the patient. 6) I though all doctors were meant to have superior skills and to care for their patients, rather than treat patients as money earning objects who they can sell some pharmaceutical drug to and in addition to earning hundreds of dollars just for the approx 15-20 minute visit - thus not worth it! 7) Most Naturopath Doctors in my experience are superior to Medical Doctors. Also, if the truth is to be told Medical Doctors are in the business of selling pharmaceutical drugs not healing people, as if they were to heal people their business would dwindle - hence the silent war between the Naturopath and Medical professions and why MD do not believe nor are supportive of Naturopaths. 8) Thus, I probably will go back to my Naturopaths for some relief and satisfaction. 10) I am sad I had to say this, but it is the way it is :(

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

"Mr parker" one of the most useless doctors around. Just puts you on the waiting list full of painkillers

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

A Human before a doctor. A personable man who can give you truth without crushing optimism and answer many of those questions that pop into your head and then ... forget to ask! I met him eight 1/2 years ago and .... I don't owe him too much, I will forever be in his debt. Thank you 'Dr. Andrew' I rate you a high five HI 5

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015