Ratings for Dr. S.D. Simango

Very bad experience. Did stitching on my daughters forehead after she was badly hurt at home. Did not want to talk to me after surgery or see us. Gave no advice on how to care for her wound. Went to an associate of his a week later and was told he should of stitched her better and that he should of advised how to take care of her wound. Wound left a scar and he's a supposed plastic surgeon. He gives pathetic service then sends a massive bill which your medical aid won't even cover. For 30 min in theatre to stitch my 3 year old he charged 13000

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I went for a R800 consult with this doctor and his staff was supposed to send pics and request for authorization to my medical aid of which they didn't and had the nerve to lie about it. When I called my medical aid they confirmed that no documentation was sent to them. It's been over a month calling them in order to find recourse for the situation and nothing, totally unprofessional!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

My dad was a patient of his having being referred in hospital. we have no knowledge what the dr looks like, what he sounds like, always too busy to make time to meet the family or take calls. But he is very quick to ask for his payment. by all means we will pay him but common courtesy, bedside manner, compassion is something he does not have. we did get my dad discharged and taken to a wound clinic, and is in much better hands.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I started paying off the practice and thereafter my medical aid paid the bill in full. I tried for over 2 months, constantly emailing and phoning for the excess paid. I eventually gave up realizing i would never get my money back from them.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Absolutely brilliant plastic surgeon and blessed with the best hands for micro and accident related cosmetic surgery . Nobody will beat him in surgery, but out the theater you will do all the follow ups. Be prepared for a massive bill afterwards.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

He is one of the great doctors I have ever met and he really helped my son...God bless him and his hands.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

He is a kind hard working doctor his work shows it

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

I paid R 750 for a 5 min consult in May 2013 .I have a scar on my face after a hijacking incident. He was to call me after 3 weeks once the medication for the scar arrived .After numerous calls and messages to the surgery,the doctor never returned a single call or message . I demanded a full refund in November 2013 and was reimbursed R 350.Totally unprofessional .

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

Dr Simango operated on our 92 year old Granny, repaired skin damaged on leg by fall. We have not heard from nor seen him, ever, before OR after the op (Op on 11/03/2013 - 17/03/2013),and have not received any feedback regarding the operation, or expected recovery time, and he has not even left instructions with the nursing staff @ Crompton regarding follow up care yet. He also gave her penicillin which she is allergic to. He's apparently "too busy" to return calls or visit patients. While the care she's receiving @ Crompton is great, his complete lack of contact or feedback is disconcerting & unprofessional. Pre-Op pics required by Med Aid were not done, AND he bungled submission of the medical aid forms, resulting in us being presented with a bill from the hospital which they demanded be settled immediately.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

Dr. S.D. Simango's Credentials

Davis Vision
Eyemed Vision Care
Spectera Eyecare Networks
Superior Vision
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)