Ratings for Dr. Ankelly Armstrong

Was under the care of this doctor in 2011 to 2017, in 2012 i had same neurological symptoms i have to this day but worse, 2014 same symptoms but now severe back pain, would give me any specialist i want to see but refused to give me a MRI of my mid back, even send me for blood work that was hundreds of dollars, oh and did i forget she handed out pain meds/any type of medication i wanted like candy BUT no MRI, i recently got a new dr to get a MRI done and the MRI showed a bulged disc middle of my back where i have been saying for years to this doctor thats where the pain IS and when its agitated everything else is worse! I can't drive now, and i can only walk a few feet at a time before i have to stop and take a breath, even talking im getting winded now, or the pain in my back is too severe. "I was told by this dr to save up my money and get massages, I don't know what to do for you" Refused both myself and my family asking to get an MRI done her response was " To the best of my knowledge it won't show anything" I hope this review shows your true colours and to only see this person if you need pills

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

My family is very fortunate to have Dr. A. Armstrong as our family doctor. She's the best, patient, knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Dr Armstrong is fantastic. I went in with ear pain and when I left she had looked after it and I felt much better. She started me on an antibiotic and asked lots of questions to solve my issues. She is truly amazing !!!! That's why she works in port perry. Port perry only has the best medical professionals

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I switched to dr. Armstrong as my family doxtor/ob I have nothing but pleaseant things to say about her and her staff. She has been very friendly to deal with, it's easy to talk to her and she talks to you in a away you understand. I would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I had a wonderful experience with Dr Armstrong. I switched from another OB who was so unorganized and had rude staff. Our families met her when I gave birth and everyone was very impressed with her. She was down to earth, explained things in ways you can understand, no fear in asking questions, takes all the time you need her for which may be why she runs late with some appts but I rather her run a little late than feel pushed out the office while I have concerns. Switched to her as my family doctor since I had such a great experience. The staff is also very sweet.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

She is an okay doctor. Always seemed to be running late, even if you were one of her first appointments. She was relatively helpful, but talked in a confusing way so you never really fully understood her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr Armstrong was supposed to be on call for the obstetrical unit at Port Perry Hospital. My daughter presented there 5 months pregnant with regular contractions on Friday night. Dr Armstrong did not think it important enough to see her. She was discharged after being on a fetal monitor for 8 hours overnight, even though the contractions never stopped. She returned late Saturday night having regular painful contractions. Dr Armstrong decided it was not important enough to come in. My daughter lost her baby in the lobby of the Oshawa hospital Sunday morning after having driven herself there for furthur testing, because Doctor Armstrong didn't think it was important enough for an ambulance.

Submitted April 26, 2014

This Doctor is always very friendly, she never pushes you out of her office and listens to you carefully. She is my family Doctor for myself and kids and I am very fortunate she took us all on as patients. She usually knows the answers to my questions and if she doesn't know she looks it up. She is caring and compassionate, and has a great sense of humour. I feel at ease knowing my family is in good hands with her.

Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr. Armstong was wonderful! She served as my OB and delivered my first baby. She always made time to see me, answer any questions via phone as well. She went out of her way to get to hospital to see me during an emergency (even though she was not on call). I would definitely recommend her.

Submitted May 14, 2013

Very thorough and helpful. She is also easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013