Ratings for Dr. David Mack

Dr. Mack and his staff are rock stars in my book. My son has been under his care for almost 5 years and his Colitis is under control. Dr. Mack is super knowledgeable, honest and straight forward. He has continued to present multiple alternatives (some very leading edge) for treatments and always engages both me and my son. IBD is terrible, especially for kids, we had some very rough patches but with the CHEO team we got thru and are thriving.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Mack and his staff especially Chantell, is excellent. He saved our little girl's colon, and we are still able to reach his staff and leave voicemails about all our concerns. He is very knowledgeable, knows what works. He is honest and tactful, IBD is a horrible disease, and the outcome can be bad. Keep focused on what is in front of you, and read the book.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I implore you to go in with a healthy skepticism and here's why: While his staff are polite and the wait times aren't too long, Dr. Mack is unwilling to consider other treatment ideas. He firmly adheres to his methods and strongly pushes them onto you. He doesn't seem to want to listen to you or address your concerns in a helpful manor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr Mack is by far the best gastroenterologist that I've met in my life, and I've met my share. He took over my son's case from another hospital and was able to save his colon. He's very knowledgeable and experienced, he cares about his patients, he's funny and calm. We trust him a 100%.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

We love Dr. Mack and his staff. They are great with kids, patient and the wait is never long. His nurse is easy to get a hold of and quick to get back to you when there are concerns.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I cant say enough good things about Dr Mack. He spoke to my son in a way so that he felt in control of his disease. He was frank, understanding and extremely knowledgeable. The rest of his team is also awesome. He also knows his research so we totally trusted him and our son was very sick.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Although very knowledgeable and highly educated in his field, Dr. Mack is also narrow minded and unwilling to consider treatments other than the ones his has been using for decades. In addition, he is unwilling to discuss any alternative approaches to treating IBD that may benefit patients. His inability to humble himself, to listen reflectively and to have real compassion and empathy for the families he deals with create a huge stumbling block to communication.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Fantastic dr...Great with kids, really tries to engage them and explain issues at their level. The whole IBD team at CHEO is fabulous!! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013