Ratings for Dr. Chitra Jayaraman

God awful. Very disrespectful. Shunned a client at the door after years of service, previously. Picks and chooses patients. Buyer beware. We are currently in process of looking for a new family doctor. Previous review written for a Burnaby practice; however, this doctor practices in Vancouver.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I really happy to have Dr. Jayaraman. She has been wonderful in helping me with everyday medical issues (eye infections, acne, minor injuries, etc.), as well as some mental health issues. She is an excellent family doctor. I find her to be very thoughtful in the way that she provides care, and her MOA has been excellent in getting back to me about appointments. I have been her patient for about two years, and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Jayaraman was one of the few available female GP's during the time I was searching for one. I now find myself searching again as she is very cold and unwilling to assist in long term care. She was unwilling to assist or investigate a back injury I have dealt with for years (which I also see specialists for) She was unwilling to help me bring this issue to my employer... she was unwilling to discuss any of my medical history beyond the time she took my blood work a number of months back. There are certainly clues that tell me her heart is not in her practice as her office still has Easter, Christmas and Canada Day decorations up... I'm moving on but I hope that I can save someone any time from dealing with her.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Jayaraman was kind upon my arrival and initial background discussion. When she realized that I needed a family doctor to be a consistent healthcare support who would also need to help out with with some other parties information (namely a psychiatrist and insurance company), she brushed me off and told me that I should talk to a community health clinic. I'd explained that I'd spoken to a main one and was told that they only offered short term counselling and care, supported by a patient's own GP. I got a shrug. I asked for a recommendation for clinic that had GPs available for longer term patients and I was told to "search for one". I was so flustered and desperate for help that I broke into tears. She walked out of the office without a word. Apparently no other female doctors in Vancouver are taking new patients, so I guess I'll have to go to a private facility. The public healthcare system in this city is grim.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016