Ratings for Dr. Michael Orris

Dr. DeBarros is the most amazing doctor. I had my surgery done in 2007 and have never regretted a day of it. I can not say enough about Dr DeBarros and Dr. Orris and Mike Murphy RD and staff, they are very caring and want you to succeed in your weight loss journey regardless of what surgery you have done there (Lapband, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve). I had the lapband done and I still go in on occasion to follow up or just to show them how well I'm doing. I am treated like family and if I have any questions or concerns they are more than willing to help and go the extra mile for me. I will continue going there and suggest that anyone thinking about weight loss surgery go there and check them out, you will not regret it.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I've been coming to WLIAZ for the last two years and I couldn't be happier. Everything has been easy peasy. Dr Orris has been very reachable and makes me feel like I am not just a number. Also, the staff have been so professional and kind. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

I am a new patient with WLIAZ. I have had 3 separate appointments with them in preparation for the VSG and have to say they seem to treat me well. I had a little bit of a hard time getting ahold of them for some questions but once i got ahold of them they were very friendly. Dr. Orris is going to be the one to do the procedure for me and after meeting with him he seems to be very nice and informal. Answering any and all my questions the best he could to make me understand everything. At this time i have to say I'm pleased with all my services so far and hoping it continues throughout my whole journey.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr. Orris and his staff are very knowledgeable, supportive and positive. They’re always helpful in scheduling appointments around my work hours. I know I will be a success with all the support of the WLIA team!!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

My son n I had the lap band procedure done by Dr Orris 1 month apart in 2011. We've had fantastic results. I went from a size 18 to a size 9, and he's lost 75lbs from size 40 waist to a 32!! The staff is very friendly and helpful with the insurance process, they answer all your questions . The procedure was easy n recovery was fast. My son was up n about in 3 days. I milked it a little longer ; ). But we took it easy as recommended by Dr Orris. We have not regretted making this decision one bit! N Mike Murphy is awesome he gave us great nutrition advice and encouragement all through our journey.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Orris and Mike Murphy has been very helpful to me in this journey! I could not have done it without them. Looking forward to my surgery next month.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr Orris, Mike, and the whole team at the Weight Loss Institute have been amazing. Dr Orris has spent time explaining the whole procedure and answering all my questions. He is open and honest about the possible side effects and complications. He really seems to care about his parents and their future. I would recommend him to anyone considering weight loss surgery.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr Orris and his staff are very nice, though not always very prompt. I recommend WLIA to to anyone struggling with their weight.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Orris by my primary care doctor and couldn't be happier. Dr. Orris and his staff have been wonderful since day one. My highest weight was 194 and I had given up on losing weight. Seeing Dr. Orris gave me back the hope of losing weight. Him and his staff know me right off by name which is very nice. I had my surgery on 2/21/13 and have already started losing weight by following the diet plan they have set up. My first fill is in about three weeks and I am really excited about that. I can't wait to see my journey with Dr. Orris and his staff. Thank you so much to all of you.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013