Ratings for Dr. Quinton Chivers

Dr. Chivers has impressed me! He was always on time with appointments....Never waited more than 15 min. He is very polite and respectful, tells you everything you need to know! The surgery itself went very well and my healing has been quick. Everyone who sees the incision on my stomach and belly button are very impressed with the clean line as well as how great it is healing! I recommend Dr. Chivers to all...it's not very often you find a good doctor!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

This Doc is brilliant and better still possibly the hardest working and most caring individual I have ever met. Our Story. My Wife and I were driving on the 401 on our motorcycle when we were cut off by a driver who left the scene. My wife unfortunately sustained significant lower extremity injuries in addition to what is known as a “ring avulsion injury”. For those who watch late night television this is the same injury sustained by Jimmy Fallon resulting in almost a week away from the show while he was admitted to a NY ICU and cared for by a team of specialists. Not only did my wife fracture several other fingers and lose portions of her lower leg she suffered this ring avulsion injury to her actual Ring finger from our wedding band which totally devastated her after 25 years of marriage and our anniversary approaching. Long story short Dr Chivers not only was able to save my wife’s fingers by reattaching them microscopically, he repaired and skin grafted her leg and and she is now finishing physiotherapy with almost a complete recovery. I have so much respect for this man and can’t thank him enough for helping us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts - Sincerely, RM

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Very Kind and skilled doctor. He made my daughter incredibly comfortable and removed a large tumor that was affecting her vision and causing repeated eye infections and IV antibiotics. Thank you Dr Chivers

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

I have seen Dr Chivers on 2 separate occasions once in 2012 once for breast augmentation surgery and again in 2016 for a Tummy tuck. Dr Chivers is the most approachable and caring doctor I have ever met. The Scars from all my surgeries are fine lines now and have faded to the point I rarely notice them. I have reccomended several friends to him who are all now equally happy with their results and experience with him. This doctor truly is 5 stars.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr Chivers is amazing. He is accomodating and has a great personality - always makes me feel comfortable. Was able to correct a previous surgery for me and I am very happy with the results so far !

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Chives last year. He did abdominal plastic surgery on me,the results are amazing. I have absolutely no complaints. He is highly professional, knowledgeable and has the best bedside manners I've seen in a doctor. Would highly recommend Dr. Quinton Chivers to satisfy your plastic surgery needs. Overall, I give him ☆☆☆☆☆

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Chivers a true, honest professional! In the past two years I was searching for the perfect doctor in the overwhelming cosmetic plastic surgery realm. With endless searches, reviews and numerous consultation's with different doctors, I decided to go with Dr. Chivers. I was not disappointed with my gut instinct. What made Dr. Chivers stand out from the many other places that I visited, was the patience and understanding he gave me, with no pressure to comit to anything on the spot. I was really torn between the varieties of implants offered, what would suite my body and shape and ultimately what would be the final look that would make me happy. He gave me his full undevided attention, listened to what my needs and wants were. The day of surgery was not what I expected, I was extremely nervous and worried, but Dr. Chivers with his calm manner put me at ease. The recovery was much faster than expected and with several months now that have passed since my surgery, I can not express how happy and thrilled I am with my final results. Dr. Chivers thank you for giving me the confidence and the body I have always desired!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Early this year my family physician advised me to use night splints to counteract tingling and numbness complaints in both of my hands. After approximately 6 months of using these splints there was a follow up visit to a plastic surgeon and neurology doctor who diagnosed my problem as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). A date was set for a so-called open surgery, commonly done in Ontario, to alleviate this problem. Since I was unaware what this really meant I used the internet for clarification of this disease. By doing so I stumbled on the Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release (ECTR), which is an operative method replacing the open surgery. ECTR is less invasive and safer than the open method with a lower recovery time. I decided to search for a doctor in Toronto for a consultation and contacted several plastic surgeon’s offices practising in CTS operations to no avail. My family physician advised me that a patient of his travelled to Montreal to have this procedure done and my searches led me to believe that such a surgeon did not exist in Toronto. Sometime afterwards I received an email out of the blue from Melissa, secretary to Dr. Quinton Chivers, advising me that Dr. Chivers has extensive experience in ECTR procedures. A date for a consultation was set during which I was very impressed by his knowledge, enthusiasm and very friendly attitude. The waiting time for an operation was a mere 4-6 weeks not these long times of 2-6 months quoted by the other plastic surgeon. Dr. Chivers’ practice is located at the Rouge Valley Centenary Hospital in Scarborough, a well organized hospital with a very pleasant and competent staff. Dr. Chivers is a caring and extremely professional doctor. Immediately after the surgery he spoke to my wife to give her all the essential information, gave me a phone call 3 days after surgery at my home to inquire if I experienced any pain or discomfort. If you are looking for a ECTR procedure, Dr. Chivers and the Rouge Valley Centenary Hospital come highly recommended. Dr. Chivers is likely the only plastic surgeon with extensive experience in ECTR in the Toronto area and maybe even in the whole of Ontario.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Very happy with the way this doctor treated our grandmother who had a cancer in her neck. Dr Chivers treated her so kindly throughout her entire treatment process. He explained everything to us and did an incredible job removing the cancer. Great doctor Thank you and blessings.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

From start to finish my breast augmentation has been superb. Dr Chivers is very approachable and professional. He is also a very talented surgeon, I could not have wished for better results. Furthermore, his staff were also very encouraging and friendly. I would thoroughly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr. Quinton Chivers's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Quinton Chivers is a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada board-certified Plastic Surgeon specializing in plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in Toronto and Richmond Hill. He is the Acting Chief of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for Centenary Hospital in Toronto, Physician Major and designated plastic surgeon for the Canadian Armed Forces and the Medical Director of the Canadian Plastic Surgery Centre. Dr. Chivers has extensive experience in upper extremity surgery, peripheral nerve and traumatic and oncoplastic microsurgical reconstruction, as well as cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures. As a member of various leading professional associations, he combines his wealth of experience in reconstructive and cosmetic techniques with genuine patient care and compassion and has built a solid reputation as a highly skilled and sought-after surgeon amongst patients and colleagues alike. The recipient of many academic awards and research grants, Dr. Chivers has also authored and co-authored numerous scientific publications in Canadian and American Journals of Plastic Surgery and continues to present at hospitals, universities and annual meetings of his professional associations.

• English