Ratings for Dr. Robert Carter

I was visiting our daughter from out of town, when I discovered I had a serious GYN issue that needed immediate attention. I couldn't find a doctor in the Folsom, Ca area that could see me right away, and visited the Marshall Placerville OB/GYN practice to see if there was any doctor availability. I need to state that Placerville was not my first choice, as I prefer big cities for any major medical procedures. After explaining my situation with the receptionist,she said there was no availability of appointments for 3 weeks. I was distraught at having to wait for 3 weeks for an appointment. She could see my concern and said to hold on a minute. I waited while she left the counter to check on something. Shortly thereafter, the receptionist returned and said, "Dr. Carter can see you in two days, at 11am." I, of course, was very happy and responded as such. Dr. Carter saw me within 5 minutes of my appointment (that includes the nurse coming to retrieve me from the waiting room, taking my height, weight, blood pressure and pulse). I explained my situtation to Dr. Carter, who then examined me and explained I need to have surgery. I explained I was only in town temporarily and was most likely traveling to Denver or Dallas in the next few weeks. Dr. Carter could see I was anxious about having to put this surgery off, which meant to me having to find another GYN doctor to examine and then do the surgery on me, where ever we ended up, and, amazingly, Dr. Carter helped me by accommodating my schedule and telling his surgery scheduling assistant to add me to the schedule for the following week. The whole experience with Marshall was unbelievably accommodating, and a pleasant experience. Surgery is a stressful situation for me ( and for most people, I would imagine). But Dr. Carter and Marshall outpatient services made this (dare I say) a pleasant experience!! I've had a few other surgical procedures, and I would rate this one the absolute best! The other, very important, aspect of this surgery is that Dr. Carter is using the absolute state of the art equipment and techniques to minimize the pain and recovery impact of hysterectomy surgery. Also, the whole surgical team at Marshall (pre op nurse, anesthesia doctor, post op nurse, etc) were excellent! Dr. Carter is the one who made this all possible. I give Dr. Carter my highest recommendation! Thank you to Dr. Carter and the whole Marshall outpatient surgical team!! Kudos to you all ,and thank you!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014