Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Pike

Jeff Pike is the kind of doctor you wish all doctors would be. I fancy myself somewhat of an expert in this regard, having had many, many years of experience with doctors (and having interviewed many in my work as a broadcast and print journalist). I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis at age six and have lived with active disease for the last 37 years. I have seen upwards of 30 rheumatologists, therapists, surgeons and specialists in many areas since I was diagnosed, and I also have a fairly recently diagnosed blood disorder. I have had ten Arthritis-related surgeries and an equal amount of non-Arthritis related surgeries as well. Dr. Pike is simply the finest medical professional I have had the pleasure to spend time with and be helped by. He performed my recent shoulder replacement and is now involved in my follow-up care. I have had other joints replaced and while the surgeons for those were certainly competent, they was also egotistical and every single one of them rushed me through every single appointment, only referring me to different web sites when I asked any questions. Dr. Pike is knowledgeable, confident and professional, yet hands-on, caring and considerate. Beyond the surgery, Dr. Pike is involved and invested in the outcome. (He is so patient in appointments that I have often wondered if he doesn’t see many patients in the clinic setting, until a staff member told me he can see as many as 60 patients in one day.) Dr. Pike’s extended staff are a pleasure to see and get to know, and they are as caring as he is. I can’t say enough good things about this fine human being. I wish that there were more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Pike is a fantastic surgeon. My son needed a elbow and wrist surgery. Dr Pike was patient, explaining everything in detail, but at a level we could understand. He has a fantastic bedside manner. He gave his cell number to us in case of complications. We needed to call him after surgery, and he answered the call immediately. He often has residents training with him and they were great too. Dr Pike called us at home after a second surgery to make sure everything was ok. When my son had other complications, he came to the hospital with his children to visit my son. He is so compassionate. His assistant, Mumi, is amazing. And his receptionist in his office is not like any specialist receptionist i have ever had to deal with. She had me text images of my son's arm from home to show Dr. Pike an inflamation. After showing to Dr. Pike, we had an appointment the next day. Dr Pike came from a seminar where he was the key speaker to check it out. I HIGHLy recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014