Ratings for Dr. Brett Collins

I recently had an ACL reconstruction + meniscus repair by Dr Collins. Although I'm only about 3 weeks post op, I found the whole experience to be very good (as good as it could be given the circumstances). I found Dr Collins and his staff to be very friendly and helpful, and from first booking my appointment all the way to the surgery I felt very comfortable and in great hands. Dr Collins was very good in my initial consultation in explaining my diagnosis, my options, what happens during surgery and what I should expect post surgery. My incisions are also very neat and tidy. Very quick too — I was operated on the very next week after my initial consultation. All in all I found the experience to be very good and comforting and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

This guy and his staff are absolutely awesome. They went over and above what should be expected!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Brett Collins successfully operated on my medial meniscus at Brisbane Private Hospital October 2015. Things went well and recovery is good. He went beyond expectations and sorted a problem I had with BUPA and did so in a worthy and ethical way. I commend him on his professionalism.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr. Collins operated on my knee on 01-08-2014. Perfect job done with no pain at all. I did not even take a panadol at any time following the operation, and it has healed perfectly. Will ring him again when my other knee starts to fail.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr Brett Collins was my surgeon for a recent knee arthroscopy and I could not be more impressed with the whole experience - especially when contrasting to a previous surgery with another doctor. At my initial consultation, Dr Collins took care to provide detailed explanations of the problems my knee had, as well as the options and alternatives (including no surgery) that were available. It was a lot of information to take in, and over the next few days I had a few more questions to ask. Dr Collins was very accessible for these follow-up questions while I made up my mind as to the option I wanted to take. Having made the decision to have the surgery, Dr Collins' office was extremely proactive and efficient at getting me booked and prepared for the surgical process - I really felt like I was in good hands - and being treated like a human, not a number. There was almost no bruising from the surgery itself, and the incisions were very neat and have healed nicely. Friends have also commented on these factors as well. Post-surgical follow up has also been top class - very clear explanations of what was found, and what that means for what I need to do/not do to optimise my knee function. Recommended rehab is proving to also be useful - and something I can stick to fairly easily. All in all - I highly recommend Dr Brett Collins. My experience was very positive, and consistent with what I was expecting based on my GP's comments prior to my referral.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Friendly enough. However he's terrible at giving information.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014