Ratings for Dr. Maria Variola (McCloskey)

I ussed to suffer from "thoracic outlet syndrome" (they called it this but in reality I don't think they really knew what it was- it was a misterious arm pain I had) for years, and was finally referred to Dr. Maria by my new nurse practitioner, who said to give it a try since she had heard great things. I was reluctant since I had seen everyone under the sun already, includinng other osteopaths, and nobody had been able to help me. I was scheduled for orthopedic surgery in a few of months out of desperation, and a surgery that had no guarantees of working. My NP doesn't seem like the type who is very open minded to complimentary health care so I thought that if she recommended this osteo I had nothing to lose and decided to give this one last shot specially because I was REALLY afraid about the surgery. Am I ever glad I followed through with this advice. I am no longer scheduled for surgery, Maria COMPLETELY cured my arm in a few visits and my life is now back to normal. I am still in shock and amazement, and just so grateful, after so many years with this mystery issue I can finally feel normal again. I CANNOT thank her enough!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I'll have to agree with someone else here about one of her secretaries being completely unacceptable (I would have given staff 1 star but the other secretary is nice so I'll do 3 stars). I just found out this terrible secretary was fired which is exactly what she deserves, I hope the new one works out and actually reflects the amazing professionalism and kindness of Dr Variola. She is generous, warm and an incredibly gifted osteopath. She is fair and honest with money too, it's clear she isn't in this for the money which is a gem of a quality in health care. She actually has always been on time for us, no complaints there. She cured my elderly mother of trigeminal neuralgia for which not even morphine worked, my mother was becoming suicidal with this pain until we were blessed enough to meet Maria. She has followed my 2 out of my 3 pregnancies, too bad I didn't know her for my first, it has clearly been with her help that I was able to avoid so many of the pregnancy, labour and post partum complications that I had with the first pregnancy. She's been godsent for my family and myself.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr Maria and her mother Dr Porras are true healers, I have so much gratitude for all their help.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I saw her for my newborn's cranial shape (he had his arm wrapped around his neck at birth and had to be vacuumed out). She also found a displacement in the lower back. She was very thorough, calm (he was crying the whole session as he was very hungry) and reassuring. I also saw her once my hormones settled down as giving birth a trauma for moms bodies as well. Told us it wasn't necessary to come back unless we thought we did. (not in it for the money). Great experience.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

In a few visits, I have made significant progress with Dr McCloskey in resolving a long standing lower back problem. She is very skilled, attentive and explains things very well. Very impressed!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Dr. McCloskey has been treating my family and I for the last couple of years. She has always been very kind and helpful, I don't know where we would be today without all her help. My daughter used to suffer from chronic horrible abdominal pain and nobody could figure out what was wrong, all the tests appeared normal. Dr. McCloskey was able to flfix the issue within a few treatments. Today we see her pretty much for everything. Unfortunately her old secretary was neurotic and rude but not the new one, thank god.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

I've been to see Maria several times now for different problems: chronic ITB syndrome, low back pain, tension headaches, and most recently acid reflux. She was able to help me where many other specialists could not, I was tired of taking pills for everything. I received thorough explanations on everything and felt that my questions were always answered, but most importantly, she was always able to give me a great deal of help and relief with my health issues. She is clearly very knowledgeable and very thorough in her approach. I have nothing but gratitude for this woman.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Very caring, takes her time. Runs late sometimes but it's because she is trying to give her best to her patients.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013