Ratings for Dr. Raj Janardhanan

A wonderful cardiologist. Dr. J is highly knowledgeable, compassionate and caring. He explains his recommendations clearly, taking as much time as needed to ensure you understand recommended procedures, results and options. His excellent care has made an unanticipated and challenging medical diagnosis manageable. He has followed up with me personally off-hours to ensure care was progressing. I feel fortunate to have a physician who takes the time to know his patients and make a personal connection. His nurse, Barbara, is also fabulous to work with – skilled, knowledgeable, prompt with replies to questions and very caring. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Cordial, caring, and comprehensive are three words that best describe my judgment of Dr. Raj Janardhanan (Dr. J). I am a relatively new patient (four months) but I am an experienced user of medical services, particularly cardiologists, because of my cardiovascular conditions. My first encounter with Dr. J provides some insight into my confidence in him and his approach. He had already digested the records from my previous cardiologist and those provided by the Cleveland Clinic. He knew my background so he focused on my current concerns which eventually led to his specific recommendations and plan of action. Noteworthy in this first meeting was his emphasis on my assessment of him and his methods. He specifically reminded me several times that I was the decision maker and completely empowered to make the choices of a cardiologist and selected treatments. The amount of time invested by his questioning provided confidence that he wanted me to make the best decisions for myself, a sure sign that he cared about me and my health. After this comprehensive discussion, he described a plan which included what he called “his way” so that there wouldn’t be any confusion about the course of action. “His way” was really a roadmap so that he completely understood the condition of my heart with a series of tests. This would provide him with a “baseline”, along with his analysis of the historical records, to move forward with any future treatments. He emphasized and described his philosophy of a conservative approach to treating the heart blended with a straight forward discussion of “what you need” rather than a complicated assessment that would not be understood. For each intended procedure I was provided with specific instructions, including written reminders via the patient electronic portal. Likewise the results were documented for my review. Importantly, after each procedure Dr. J took the time to explain the results to either myself or my husband to ensure we were aware of the situation. Lastly, he understood my appreciation for the services provided by the Cleveland Clinic and my desire to retain and coordinate my future treatments with that Organization. To me, this was an expression of his personal confidence in himself. In fact, Dr. J personally knew my cardiologist at the Cleveland Clinic and asked me to remind him of Dr. J on my next visit.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Recently moved to Tucson, and I was looking for a good cardiologist. Received personalized care and attention. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

My dad received great care. Everything was explained well in simple terms. I love this cardiologist. Knows his stuff well and takes great care of his patients!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Great experience! Very compassionate physician who takes time to understand the patient's problems.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Awesome physician. Wonderful bedside manners. We need more physicians like him. Recommend very highly!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2014

Everything was perfect. Great care anad great follow up!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Excellent cardiologist! Truly dedicated in his work. Explained everything in great detail. Communication is his greatest strength. I felt very comfortable with the care I received. Highly recommend him to anyone looking for a cardiologist.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Everything was done perfectly well. Great experience!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Very intelligent doctor who truly cares about his patients. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014