Dr. Shawn Vasdev

Ratings for Dr. Shawn Vasdev

It is such a shame that people have to pay out of their pockets to be deceived. One would only expect a decline in all ranges of health. I mean given his stated observations and discussions, one would only be concerned if the information provided to him would be used for a good purpose or to continue the exploitation the "mental health society" does with its various "experimental procedures".

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Invalid, improper medical counsel is directed and proposed is the biggest criticism of him and objection as opposed to his irrational declarations that many cannot tolerate. Again best to include someone around you when interacting as he will most likely behave.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

When asking questions which is a very manageable task psychiatrist appears to be quite routine and standard. Many remarks and judgements made are optional with most being completely classified as nonessential, very atypical and eccentric holding no actual legitimacy. Gets easily provoked and enraged. If someone is present with him, he appears ordinary, and when he is alone with you states things that are nonsensical and actual. It is great advice to keep in mind that if you do not feel comfortable around him, to simply ask for someone to be present in the room available when you go in for an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

It seems mostly that this psychiatrist might only be courteous when he is around other individuals-take into account what you are saying. Otherwise, he tends to be over critical of burdens. When someone discloses a serious matter, tends to brush it aside as its nothing. Unless there is actually someone else in the room with him as watching/listening to him he can be quite sociopathic himself displaying tendencies of hostility to troublesome issues and expressing knowledge that is not at all credible. Seemed very frigid and impractical during discussions when nobody else was around also by commenting on things that were not even being considered. Did not seemed like he has the best focus out there or the best relevance for listening. I find a lot of comments made are also very devious (sometimes). Comments about appearances, clothing choices when talking about other things do not matter. Also stating conditions not applicable to what the actually validity of the matter is which is what also gives the impression chilly and standoffish difficult personality. He does not assert himself adequately at all when he need to voice his own involvements.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I'll say I'm thinking the same person is giving bad ratings to Dr. Vasdev as they all share a similar tone and writing style. That being said, I didn't find Dr. Vasdev to be a good listener. He barely listened to what I was saying without interrupting multiple times, giving me an incredibly quick diagnosis, and then passing me off to a pay-per-visit psychologist. Quite upsetting that Psychiatry in Ontario is in such a sad state now, especially given the number of people who actually suffer from mental illnesses. One thing I will say...he did recommend an amazing Psychologist...so that is good. Just wish it was covered under OHIP.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Beware of his recommendations. He pushes meds and Homewood.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Initially I was nervous seeing Dr. Vasdev due to the reviews. After seeing him I realized he is NOTHING like what was described here. Now that I read through the reviews again it's pretty obvious there's a deranged individual who's become fixated with him due to some personal resentment or misunderstanding. This doc showed no signs of any alcohol abuse or narcissistic behaviour. I have been misdiagnosed for depression/anxiety for +10 years and no one bothered to investigate things further. Dr. Vasdev paid attention to all my complaints during my initial visit and agreed with me to investigate the possibility that my anxiety/depression is a side effect of ADD. I can honestly say this doc helped me improve the quality of my life DRASTICALLY, I am so grateful! First off ppl need to educate themselves on the difference on Psychiatrist vs Psychologist. If you want someone who provides emotional or cognitive therapy then you see a PsychOLOGIST- Because a Psychiatrist is here to listen to your symptoms and prescribe medication. They don't need to be compassionate- they just need to be professional and attentive. Maybe the person who's become obsessed with Dr Vasdev should see a Psychologist instead and lay off Web MD. PS: His receptionist is awesome!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

When you go in to see him, make sure you take his experiments as prescribed. He is a pill-pusher with his only motivation is that he cares for praise from those who value his petty influence. I find that after going to him I require to go elsewhere to get assistance for all his illogical unresponsive moments. He does not make any sense when he is talking to you. The guy hardly knew what he was talking about during an entire hour. He did nothing but cause you to wonder why and who is placing him there. He often seemed regretful and insecure in need of reminder of what he was needed to address. I find that after the appointment I paid a REAL Professional to offer valuable time for therapies to actual fixate on things that he said that made me question the legibility of his motives. He seemed like he was off in his own frustrations about quite a few things often appearing irritated. He seemed aloof and out-of-place uncomfortable when asked questions about his own personal life. I did not find his discussions to be stable.

Submitted March 13, 2018

Have read a few reviews here. The neutral take that I have of this specialist is sort of poor to okay maybe? With anything related to mood issues, he does not seem to care any much about the patient's outcome. Think about spending your time elsewhere?

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

After reading over the reviews here, I was worried about being transferred to Dr. Vasdev. However, when I actually met him, he was lovely. He was very knowledgeable, clear, and fair. I'm happy to now be his patient.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018