Dr. Shawn Vasdev

Ratings for Dr. Shawn Vasdev

When you see him becoming upset and are not able to talk to him, simply forgo everything and go directly to the hospital. You will end up thanking yourself. If you even ask him for a referral he will end up being nicer upon your next visit in my many valuable interactions with him. He will be as kind and not pushy towards you making irregular demands and further causing you despair. His fury will subside and he might even make a joke or two with you and lighten up the atmosphere once he gets his commission. Tell the hospital he referred you and you will get along great afterwards.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

We are family friends and definitely recognize that there is an immediate concern for his alcohol abuse as his absurd outspoken statements at the most unnecessary times are a huge area of bewilderment. He is unrecognizably reckless with his own reputation at the times he appears and smells intoxicated. His lack of good judgement and non-stop boastful expressions about how many times he cheated his way through pay-raise and avoided/deflected his forgetfulness, unpreparedness and failures have earned him a diagnosis of alarm. His constant intoxications both in private (functions) and public have caused a major area of concern for both his own refuge and those of others he comes into contact with. When he appears to be intoxicated he goes on a non-stop rambling about how he deserves more recognition and how he thinks he was cheated in his pay-checks. He definitely has Obsessive-Compulsive thoughts about requiring validation and approval whenever he discusses his advice or opinions and becomes very furious if anyone disapproves of any of his comments. I am not sure if the intoxication is what causes his rebellious interactions or if it the his personality complex disassociation as previous mentioned by someone else that needs to be addressed.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I have friends who are psychiatrists who have stated that this psychiatrist has indeed personality issues with instances of complex psychotic features and over generalized personality-confidence conflict disorder with in which he needs constant validation from all those around him including all his professional staff to accommodate to his demands for appreciation for all he has done for them in which is a distorted reality as nobody has ever expressed any benefits of being surrounded by him or anything he has to bring to the table. He is overly considered with everyone acknowledging his achievements to the point of making himself and everyone around him increasingly concerned for why he is so complex and has battles with his own insecurities and requires very demandingly that he deserve more attention and appreciation than what he is receiving. I am not sure how he is of any help to individuals when he clearly needs major assistance himself.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

This guy should never be called a Dr. He does not even have any consideration for the fact that it is well known that he is borderline personality disorder that many are aware of. He is a sociopath who needs validation from everyone that he is superior or else he will become unnecessary psychotic with you. He is very vulgar and requires extensive acknowledgement and praise constantly. He cannot tolerate anyone who recognizes his lack of responsibility and has a complex issue with his confidence. If you do anything to undermine his confidence he will become frantic and over excited not knowing what he states and embarrasses himself to the point where he goes out in public and becomes demanding for appreciation he has not even earned. His lack of attention to details and quick approach to over-react demonstrate he has deep psychological issues himself that need to be addressed immediately. He is constantly complaining about all his staff and patients and should go seek out another field of work or go seek a specialist to address his own insecurities. He whines way too much about everything and to his staff, patients and other physicians included.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Excellent doctor. He knows his stuff and is to the point. It's tough to take responsibility for your own issues and I think people who have given so many negative reviews are struggling with taking responsibility for their own problems and putting it on this guy. You have to have the balls to face your own evils and acknowledge them. If you cannot then it is not his problem. A few reviews i have read are illogical and grammatically incorrect with many unheard words used indicating that the people who wrote then was likely psychotic themself. My experience on my three appoinments four months apart was that if someone who is accurate ...just dosnt feel accurate on the first meeting but you gradually realize he is right. i respect him for that. He saved my marriage and also my personal sanity even in the total 90 minute she has spent with me in 3 meetings. Thank you sir

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

It seems most people have had very negative experiences with Dr. Vasdev based on these reviews. So far, I have seen him a total of 3 times, and personally, I find him very easy to deal with. Scheduling the second appointment was more challenging than I would have liked, but it was more based on a disconnect between me and the secretary than anything else. The main issue I struggle with is ADD/ADHD, so its possible that my specific disorder requires less personal attention and more medical treatment than perhaps depression or anxiety. After having a 30 minute discussion with Dr. Vasdev on how this disorder was impacting me and what treatment to proceed with, I can easily see how others would be turned away. He doesn't give you the type of attention most people expect or seek. Instead, he types on his laptop and rarely makes eye contact or gives signs that he's listening, but he is. He entertains every complaint I have or remark I make as long as it has some value or relevance in my treatment or in further understanding the issue. So far, he has been more than willing to adjust my medication and treatment plan based on how I've been responding. His quick and aloof method of interaction suits me better than a more typical style would due to my introverted personality and lack of patience. The claim stating that he reeks of alcohol has never been an issue with me at least. Overall, I don't think he's the perfect psychiatrist for everyone, but I would recommend meeting him at least once and forming your own opinion rather than listening to the biases of others.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

I am a friend of his, I have relatives who go to him and he did tell us he was given many cheat sheets all throughout his training and at work. I am not sure if he reeked of alcohol like previous post because sometimes I cannot tell since he hides it well but definitely something we were alarmed about.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

He stenched of alcohol during one appointment and basically I noticed someone write a comment about that, which of course got deleted. Being in his presence is like your teeth falling out... you will always be shocked.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

He has a personality complex issue. If you say anything to offend his narcissism he will tell you that you are arguing with him and get someone to complain about you on his behalf. He thinks that other co-workers do not know that is paranoid and tells his secretaries lies about individuals to get them to be rude to others. I found his staff very polite and friendly but he seems to be the one with the issue with them and others.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Secretary was rude and Doctor useless and emotionless

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017