Ratings for Dr. Shawn Vasdev

I am a friend of his, I have relatives who go to him and he did tell us he was given many cheat sheets all throughout his training and at work. I am not sure if he reeked of alcohol like previous post because sometimes I cannot tell since he hides it well but definitely something we were alarmed about.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

He stenched of alcohol during one appointment and basically I noticed someone write a comment about that, which of course got deleted. Being in his presence is like your teeth falling out... you will always be shocked.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

He has a personality complex issue. If you say anything to offend his narcissism he will tell you that you are arguing with him and get someone to complain about you on his behalf. He thinks that other co-workers do not know that is paranoid and tells his secretaries lies about individuals to get them to be rude to others. I found his staff very polite and friendly but he seems to be the one with the issue with them and others.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Secretary was rude and Doctor useless and emotionless

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

He is relatives with Const. Rajvir Ghuman suspension and says it was the proper course of action to take and wants to assist with his suspension to prove he is no psychologically underestimated. He deserves the pay because he does a lot for the city.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

When in conversation with him talking about my husband, he said that I have to listen to him and that it is proper to oblige by the expectations or I should not have entered the relationship to begin with since I am the reason my husband is lashing out and going out drinking every night and spending all of our combined income and I need to be more faithful in him. He seems like another example of this, no word of a lie. http://globalnews.ca/news/3685613/peel-police-charged-with-domestic-assault-forcible-confinement/ and says that you need to be constrained to the household to have a successful marriage and let your husband de-stress as he chooses or else there will be consequences. Very volatile expressions made by him.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

After being a patient for a few months now, I have come to conclude that CAMH is second home to all his patients with valid evidence. Everyone he has seen has ended up going to visit him there eventually and more awareness will be required to fundraise for more initiatives for being scapegoated to his superiors. He will throw you out of his office if you don't stay quiet without giving your opinion and experiment to his advantage of the overall goal.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

You will become schizophrenic after just one appointment because of all the lies spoken and ill words. It will make you wonder who is paying him to be a chaos-causing ghostwriter. His extensive training at CAMH only serves the purpose to assist the big business in degrading individuals to the point of giving them fake definitions consistently to force them to become vulnerable to the larger goal of money-making grinches. Just after the second appointment, you will end up becoming targeted by CAMH and all other mental-associates that prove more ill-health and degradation. Good luck to whomever is forced to go to him or any others.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I left this doctor's office feeling worse than I did going in. His assistant asked me all the questions and then the doctor came in and took up most of the appointment typing into his computer the answers from his assistant (very strange). As others have said, he asked me what I wanted from him. I suggested a treatment that had worked for me in the past (it was through OHIP ) but he suggested his assistant ($40.00/hr -what qualifications did he have?) and a social worker in his office($125.00/hr -why a social worker?). He made another suggestion but when I told him how based on my issues this would not work, he just shrugged his shoulders and left it at that. No other alternative, he didn't care. After I saw him, I read all the negative reviews about him, and they were all 100% true in my case. Very sad for a doctor who should be helping people who issues are not physical and not easy to see like a cut, or rash. After reading the reviews, I questioned the medicine he subscribed to me only to find that there were severe warnings against taking this medication for the problem I had!! On a lesser point it would have also amplified another problem but not the the high degree of danger as the first. Normally, I don't want to cause problems. I found him useless and a waste of time, I was just ready to let it go. But to prescribe medicine that would have made me DANGEROUSLY more sick needs to be called out. Avoid him like the plague. He should go into research were he cannot harm patients by not paying attention nor caring about them and their well being.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I am surprised by these reviews - my experience was completely different from the start. I have seen a number of psychiatrists and specialists over the years, and Dr. Vasdev took my complaints seriously, helped me off a medication I hated with a good alternative, followed up numerous times, saw me quickly when I requested or needed, didn't keep me waiting, spent plenty of time with me in the office, listened to my complaints and asked my opinion and took my experience and opinion seriously to the point that he was willing to change diagnosis or treatment based on my feedback. I have never had a doctor take my perspective more seriously than their own and still provide valuable resources and information for me to follow up with. He respected that I understood my symptoms well and asked the right questions. I was more than impressed. The first appointment, he had a diagnosis in mind and I agreed with the diagnosis but thought there was a more pressing issue. We made a decision to try something for a week and follow up with my feedback. I agreed with his diagnosis but wanted to change focus after a week and he did so without hesitation. That open-mindedness is rare in the medical profession and a psychiatrist that is willing to listen to the patient's experience and ask the right questions is one that will always be impressive. Anyone reading these reviews should keep in mind that doctors are humans and psychiatrists on a whole deal with the most difficult patients. Understand this going in, ask questions and voice your opinion but give his opinion a chance as well, even if you don't agree. He has the education as well as the experience at CAMH. If you can respect his education, I think he will respect your experience far more openly, but also know that psychiatry patients are the most stubborn and tend to have poor understanding of their mind as a symptom of many illnesses. Give him a genuine chance and make an effort to be a good patient as well. Try not to be entitled and expect perfect treatment if you're a shitty patient. Communicate freely and respectfully, but listen to what he says and also understand that despite your knowledge of your symptoms, the internet is not the most reliable source and his experience and education is likely a better source than your opinion. Openminded is always easiest to reciprocate but as the patient, you should be open minded first. Be open to the unfortunate fact that as psychiatric patients, our minds likely have misconceptions or mischaracterizations of experiences or interactions - on a whole, psychiatrists are judged quite harshly and that's not a fault of theirs to begin with. Good luck, but trust that you're in good hands.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017