Ratings for Dr. Himansh Khanna

Do not go to this office. I started seeing Dr. Khanna about 5 months ago. To begin with you will wait on average 1 and a half to 3 hours in the waiting room before being seen. One day, which I took off work for, I get to the office and was told the doctor was not in. It takes me an hour and a half to get there, then the same to get back. I had gotten an automated message reminding me of the visit just the day before, which they said they couldn't stop. Dr. Khanna seemed nice but right away very overwhelmed. He had some in office tests ordered and put me on some medication. I came back in a week for some more tests. Then another apt a very intrusive, painful test. No answers are given to me. A month goes by and more in office tests and changing my medication. After every visit we go I to a colleage of his' office e and he talks to me about my condition, ruffling thru papers, forgetting what meds he put me on or tests I've had. I'm literally telling g him, "No we tried that medication, no we did that test already." He gives me a very uncertain diagnosis, and orders more painful tests. Now we are going on 3 months and I end up in the emergency room. Everyone around me is telling me, including doctors, to stop going to Dr. Khanna. I give it one more chance, I go back to the office, wIt 2 & a half hours in the waiting room, the nurse brings me in and starts setting me up for another painful test that was already done. I say that's it I'm done, Dr. Khanna come in and is saying, "I don't know, we have to make sure, you might need surgery, maybe a different mediation." It's been 4 months, countless ultrasounds, and invasive tests, on and off meds. Everytime we meet in the office he has no idea what meds he put me on, what procedures he did. I walked out and went to Montefiore Hospital and it's like a whole new world. I can't even get an ultrasound because my insurance won't approve it because I had so many done at Dr. KHANNA'S office. My new doctor can't believe what I went thru. The tests at the hospital are not painful the way they do them, they are done once and I was told with full certainty that Dr. Khanna's was wrong about everything, literally everything. It took 2 weeks & I am doing great. Do not go to the dirty, money grubbing, insurance test scamming, patient assembly line. Montifore is professional, beautiful, high-tech and the surgeons do all the testing. Dr. Khanna had me end up in the emergency room in extreme pain and danger. Imagine having to tell your doctor time & time again what meds you are on and procedures you are on. He would say, let's try you on this, and I'd say we tried that, ohh ohh yeah okay we should do this procedure, doctor we did that. When I told my new doctor what went on, he said to call my insurance, which I did.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2019

Dr. Himansh Khanna's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Himansh Khanna is a board-certified New York City urologist offering top-quality, state-of-the-art, patient-centered care at offices in both Brooklyn and Manhattan. His practice focus is on male and female urology and urologic surgery. As a leading urologist in New York, Dr. Khanna uses the most advanced, safest and most effective techniques to treat an array of issues, including bladder problems, incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate), kidney stones and other kidney problems, urinary tract infections and abnormalities, and cancers affecting the prostate, bladder, kidneys and other organs and glands. He also performs vasectomies in the office and at a surgery center. Dr. Khanna is dedicated to providing individualized care based on a careful and comprehensive review of each patient's needs. His office is equipped with the latest technology. He is also trained in advanced techniques, including laser surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and robot-assisted surgery to perform complex procedures with greater precision and superior outcomes. Dr. Khanna earned his medical degree at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, followed by residencies in general surgery and urology at the Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. He remains committed to continuing his education, learning about novel treatments and techniques so his patients always receive the best, most appropriate care. In addition to his private practice, Dr. Khanna maintains hospital affiliations with Lenox Hill Hospital, Maimonides Medical Center, Mt. Sinai and he has active memberships in the American Urological Association and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Khanna speaks English, Spanish and Hindi, and his office accepts all major insurance plans. He welcomes the opportunity to meet and care for new patients. Call today to schedule an appointment.

• English