Ratings for Dr. Svetlana Tounkel

I had a bad experience when I had ear pain and went to see her. The nurse flushed my ear with warm water to see what's going on inside my ear and doctor prescribed me anti biotics treating for bacterial infection. After two days, the pain was worse and discharge coming out. Then I called the office again for a urgent follow-up. She looked at my ear and asked me to go to ear doctor and gave referral. The first thing that the ear doctor did is cleaning by suction and it was very bad fungal infection and she put powder and asked me to stop the anti biotocs. Water flush that was done by the primary care had increased fungal infection. Dont even get the ears flushed with water when there is pain going on.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I think she is wonderful, very knowledgeable and gives excellent care.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

It took a while for us to get to know each other. Now Dr. Tounkel has been a gem. She visits when I am in the hospital. Responds promptly to emails. Her office responds well too. She cares and explains things.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008

I was disappointed by how Dr. Tounkel treated me as a patient. She investigated me in a hurry, did not try to get an overall picture of my state of health, dispatched medication quickly without detailed analysis, and left me confused as to what the next step was in my treatment.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2006

Dr. Svetlana Tounkel's Credentials

• Second Moscow Med Inst, Russian State Med Univ, Moscow, Russia (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Clara, CA