Ratings for Dr. Rachel Haims

I heard mixed reviews on this physician and I wish I just stayed away. She made me feel very uncomfortable and self conscious. In other words, not a warm bone in her body. Now she's charging a fortune at a concierge practice. If you're willing to spend thousands of dollars, you should have physician with a good bed side manner.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

I had a new patient consult, only 20 minutes scheduled. I left after 10 minutes. Dr. Hairs questioned my liver dr., GI dr. And other drs. At BIDMC Notes,tests,prescriptions, etc. I, myself, am in healthcare but she didn't value my input or knowledge of my health issues, she wanted to put me through unnecessary tests, not willing to call specialists at BI. She is probably fine if you have a cold or a blister and know absolutely nothing about your own health records, issues, etc. In fairness, I do have a very complicated case in which I am allergic to most meds but I value a dr. Who collaborates with me not treats me in such a condescending manner.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

This doctor didn't seem to take any interest in my health at all. The staff recorded high blood pressure numbers and low oxygen levels but showed no concern whatsoever. They didn't explain any of the tests to me and neither did Dr. Haims. I have been denied several health tests, from screenings to blood tests, not because of my insurance(my insurance would have paid for it), even when I have been consistently sick. I advise anyone that is in ill health to not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

This is one of the worst doctors I have ever been to. She continuously sent the wrong prescriptions to my mail order which was very frustrating. I take a brand medication and I know from my pharmacy knowledge that certain medications can't be changed to generic medications because they result in side effects and other reactions, which I have had happen in the past. When I first told her this she looked at me funny saying that doesn't seem right. I thought this inconsiderate response was very rude. Then not only that it continued to happen where all my prescriptions were sent to my mail order as generic. How many times must I repeat the same thing?? How hard is it to understand I have a reaction to a generic, I need the brand name!?! Even though she has an IVY league school aspart of her education, it doesn't mean anything. I do not feel comfortable going to her, as I have heard she messes up other patients' prescriptions as well.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Haims is a very caring and warm physician who treats me and my family with respect. I have only had 2 minor health issues in 4 years of my care with her (a possible UTI and needing a new Rx) but unfortunately her staff is very weak. They hide behind voice mail and the Nurse is constantly taking down my messages incorrectly. The biller, Omar Almeida, has never returned the 3 VM's I left him- even when there is a sense of urgency. I had to physically go down to the office to find him to answer my question. We love Dr. Haims, but her staff hides behind voice mail machines which is very dangerous. They write down messages incorrectly- which could ultimately impact a person's health.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

Dr. Haims is very personable, caring and competent, with broad up-to-date general medical knowledge, and she provided three (of three!) great referrals for me.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

I saw Dr. Haims when my doctor was on maternity leave, and then when my doctor changed offices I decided to return to see Dr. Haims. She is very warm and helpful and I feel very confident with the care I receive from her.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Best doctor I've ever had. Very, very smart and capable, but also patient. She listens.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Dr. Rachel Haims's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Chestnut Hill, MA