Ratings for Dr. Beth A. Schroeder

For the most part the staff is great. Dr. Schroeder's demeanor is passive aggressive at best. If you or your children need a primary care doctor that will work with your specialists DO NOT come here! They don't have time for special medical needs and Dr. Schroeder made that known by how she treated me. My questions were met with contempt, hostility or just plain silence. It is a very uncomfortable appointment when your doctor does not participate or brushes you off. I have to seriously wonder why they accepted us as patients when they knew we had a pre-existing medical condition that was likely to progress? Why would they do that to themselves and their patients?

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

I FIRST WENT TO SEE MS. SCHROEDER WHEN I HAD CERVICAL CANCER. SHE WAS THE ONLY DR IN THE AREA ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH HER BEDSIDE MANNER BUT CONTINUED AS I REALLY DIDN'T HAVE MUCH CHOICE. I SAW HER UNTIL I WAS CLEARED OF ANY MORE CANCER. AS SHE CHECKED ALL OF MY BLOODWORK SHE KEPT ABREAST OF MY BP, CHOLESTEROL AND SUCH. I WAS VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE WAY THE DR KEPT TRYING TO PUSH DRUGS ON ME. MY CHOLESTEROL WAS 205 AND SHE KEPT INSISTING THAT I TAKE DRUGS FOR IT. EVEN AFTER I TOLD HER THAT I WASN'T GOING TO TAKE ANY OTHER DRUGS THAN ABSOLUTELY NECCESSARY SHE STILL CONTINUED HER PUSH. WHEN I INFORMED HER THAT I WOULD NO LONGER HAVE MEDICAL COVERAGE AS I HAD BEEN CLEARED OF CANCER AND THAT I NEEDED TO FIND A CHEAPER BP MED SHE GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND AND I NEVER DID GET A PERSCRIPTION FOR ONE THAT I COULD AFFORD. I ENDED UP WITH NO BP MEDS AFTER I COULD NO LONGER AFFORD TO SEE HER.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Beth A. Schroeder's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 2001)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Iron Mountain, MI