Ratings for Dr. Cynthia E. Parker

Caring, wise, very responsive when needed. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

When I contacted the doctor for an evaluation for a family member I received a prompt return call and I was clear what I wanted the appointment for: evaluation. When I brought the family member in I asked the dr. if she knew why we were there, and she said no. I told her we wanted an eval and she said she wouldn't have enough time but we could follow up with another visit. This turned into another visit, and another, and another. During this time of care she was always very prompt about returning my calls and very helpful. After our care with her stopped, so did her ability to return phone calls. The psychiatrist has asked for a write up of her evaluation (which I also would like); however, I have left phone messages for the last 4 weeks, every week, and I have never received a response. I also found out that she is out of network with our insurance, and even though I gave her billing company our insurance information, no one bothered to let us in on the knowledge that all of this (and its expensive) would be coming straight out of our pockets. All of this has left me with a very poor impression from this extremely unprofessional behavior.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Helpful, wise, kind, reliable. Studies new scientific reasesrch to keep abreast of latest findings.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Very caring and understanding. I have never felt judged, she is very empathetic.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Sessions don't really go anywhere... I've gotten more insight from self-help books.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

total waste of time and money. therapist is weirdly apathetic and unprofessional. no focus, guidance, empathy, or help offered and when Pushed for advice says very cliche things that don't apply to me or my issue (depression). she constantly watches the clock and takes notes but she doesn't seem to read them or remember what was said in past sessions. i wish i could read the negative review she replied to but it's still very unprofessional to blame a patient for the problems they come in to work on and then to disclose the clients issue (she mentions rage and an ex boyfriend?) and say it might have traumatized her... was my depression also traumatizing for her or... boring? Anyway, I have a much better therapist now and the difference is staggering! it's a great feeling to be sincerely listened to, validated, comforted, encouraged and treated by caring professional who doesn't make weird excuses for their apathy and incompetence.

Submitted July 2, 2014