Ratings for Dr. John Edworthy

He is a great doctor and cares about what I tell him..

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I agree with the comments that he is committed to academia and not a good family practitioner. In fact, I found him forgetful and full of himself. I would tell him important things and he would forget them and then when I approached him on this he denied everything; for example, I was going away on holidays when he was suppose to order up a CAT. I thought he wrote it up, but hen I came back from holidays 3 weeks later I noticed that I never received a call for an appointment for the scan, so I called the office and asked about it. His front office person said there was nothing in the file. I said he must have forgotten and she said it happens all the time. He also suffers from an inability to listen and type at the same time - he forgot to make note of many things I reported to him about my health, and as a person that has had a brush with cancer I found this totally unacceptable. I have since switched doctors and it's the best thing I could have done for my health.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I have been with Dr Edworthy for over 25 years, he delivered both of my children and has been their doctor for all their lives. I have the upmost faith in Dr Edworthy, he is knowledgeable, patient and understanding. He has never failed to diagnose anything and has always been able to help me. He listens even when I am coming to him with the smallest of things, even those times when it turns out that what was bothering me went away on it's own he has never made me feel like he didn't care or have the time for me. He hasn't ordered useless tests but has also never failed to send me for tests that were needed. I trust him and his knowledge completely and am NOT looking forward to when he retires, he will be VERY hard to replace!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

If you have ongoing challenges, it's a good idea to get copies of your health records.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

A fantastic health care provider and passionate about teaching.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Knowledgeable doctor that I have been going to since I was a kid. Has always had good advice and gives you the proper attention.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

I have been going to Dr.Edworthy for 12+years with no issues, and he always hears me out when I have a problem dispite other postings on this page. Always encourages me to live a healty lifestyle and and exercise as part of my preventative healthcare. I will continue to use Dr.edworthy until he retires (I'm 23)

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Edworhty has been My doctor for 25 year and have really appreciated his service every time

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

I agree with many of the other comments I believe he would much rather teach than adminster to his patients. I have no doubt that he is very knowledgeable however I don't have a great deal of faith in his diagnosis. That is why I changed doctors after being with him for a number of years. He generally appears as if he is not listening, rarely will escalate to a specialist, and even more rarely requests tests. I never felt that he practised preventitive medicine. Now I am with a doctor that addresses what Dr Edworthy did not address.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

My experience with Dr. Edworthy have caused me to search for a new family physician. After nearly half a year of trying to figure out what was wrong with me (constantly being faint and random blacking out episodes) , I am finally tired of it. I was told by him to make follow up appointments where he would talk to me for 10 mins and then escort me out of his office. He never once ordered any tests to look into my health concerns, nor did he even care to actually listen to me. Every time I left his office, I left disappointed. I am on a medication which he says he isn't even sure why I am on it, but has left me on it anyway. This doctor has not given me any tests whatsoever and has wasted my time. 6 months of quick 10 min meetings. The only advice he has given me is "you might outgrow this". I am almost 30 years old and have been this way for years already. Notes in my file, from specialists saying to look into heart tests are ignored. This doctor doesn't listen.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009