Ratings for Dr. Donald D Hedges

I wouldn't be alive if not for this man and his expertise and continued help. Best doctor I have ever known.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Hedges: "Human rights complaint over religion in AA to proceed" July 19, 2016: In a ruling released today, the BC Human Rights Tribunal has agreed to consider a complaint alleging that mandating attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and 12-step treatment programs, violates an individual's religious freedom. The complainant lost his job with Vancouver Coastal Health after refusing to attend AA as part of a treatment plan. The complainant is an atheist who objected to the religious basis for AA. (The complainant attended the 12-step based Homewood Health Centre prior to withdrawing from the 12-step based, return to work program mandated by his employer) Tribunal Preliminary Decision: http://www.bchrt.bc.ca/law-library/decisions/2016/pdf/jul/91_CORRECTED_Wood_v_Vancouver_Coastal_Health_Authority_and_others_2016_BCHRT_91.pdf For more info: http://www.bchumanist.ca http://www.therebel.media/do_we_have_freedom_from_religion_in_canada_atheist_fired_for

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

If you feel that Dr Hedges has treated you unfairly, you can file a complaint with the College of Physicians of BC, the BC Human Rights Tribunal, and the Court System. Free Lawyers are available with the Access Pro-Bono Program. For information about your legal rights in addiction treatment i recommend the book "Resisting 12-step Coercion-how to fight forced participation in AA, NA, or 12-step treatment", by Stanton Peele. Other good books are ", "The Sober truth- debunking the bad science behind 12-step programs and the rehab industry", by Lance Dodes, "The biology of Desire- why addiction is not a disease", by Marc Lewis, "Recover" by Stanton Peele, and "Chasing the Scream" by Johann Hari. If you think Dr Hedges has violated your rights, he probably has. The rehab industry is largely run by religious people who refuse to recognize scientific evidence, and who coerce people into 12-step treatments. You have the right to refuse treatment and you have the right to choose the type of treatment you wish to receive. You also have the right to be treated with respect by your physician. Your physician must respect your human rights as well as obide by the rules of the college of physicians. Your battle to have your rights recognized will take perseverance. Don't stop fighting!! Together we can change the system!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

If Dr Hedges has treated you unfairly you can file a complaint with the College of Physicians of BC, the BC Human Rights Tribunal and the courts. Free lawyers are available through the access Pro Bono Program. Find out about your legal rights by reading the book " Resisting 12-step coercion-how to fight forced participation in AA,NA or 12- step treatment" by Stanton Peele. Other books that you may find useful are "Recover" by Stanton Peele, and "the sober truth- debunking the bad science behind 12-step programs and the rehab industry" by Lance Dodes. The battle for your civil liberties is not easy and takes a long time. keep fighting!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Thank you for following up on this review site and advising those who are innocent potential patients of his. I too was a patient of Dr. Hedges and experienced a very different Dr. Hedges in my meetings with him than the Dr. Hedges who sent my Occupational Health Nurse Marion McGarry, my progress reports. I also will be filing a complaint with the board of Physicians on Mr. Hedges, who does not deserve to be called Doctor just as I have done with McGarry who calls herself a Registered Nurse. I am learning now that the two of them, along with Hedges assistant who was responsible for not only typing up his reports but she wrote them as well. She said whatever she wanted because she is evil like McGarry and the three of them defamed and maliciously made the lives of those who were unfortunate to be under their care, horrible. I have been told Hedges is an addict and McGarry to like her booze and is an alcoholic and maybe met him at a meeting. If you read the other reviews it is quite obvious she has written the two reviews that sound like they are written by the same person and the Cuckoo is in love with the guy. She is somewhat deranged and apparently watched the movie 'one flew over the Cuckoo's next one too many times. Thank god for policies and regulations of both the physicians board and the Registered Nurses Board because both have failed grossly in abiding by the ethics of being in the medical practice. That is fantastic that Hedges cannot practice until he faces the charges and with McGarry, who knows if she is still torturing her patients and if she still practices but from what the Board has told me if my claim proves to be true, which it is - her license can revoked. Let it be known, stay clear of these two and Marion and Donald, your days are numbered.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Hmmm, not surprised that this guy has a poor rating. Am actually contacting the board in B.C. about this good doctor ASAP! I would suggest that all of us who were branded "addicts" by the good doctor in conjunction with our workplaces do the same. I am not an alcoholic or an addict, I am a FN woman who has issues with trauma from a horrible past. My experiences with this monster resulted in an absolute mental breakdown that lead to the demise of my career as a registered nurse, and caused me to attempt suicide. He took me back to the trauma that I experienced in my childhood and brought me to my knees with his total disregard of the facts. I am stronger now than I have ever been in my life, I have survived the stereotyping and lies placed on my by this Baptist fanatic with his blinders and personal opinions. Greed is greed, and evil is evil Dr. Hedges, no matter how you present it.First I was bullied in my workplace, and then by you. I look forward to meeting you in court again.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

This guy caused me so many problems, if I had the money I would have sued him. He thinks everybody is an addict. He does not listen, he judges and gets things wrong. Big mistake going to see this guy. His reports caused me much grief and legal issues.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013