Ratings for Dr. William M K Chan

I have been with Dr. William MK Chan for a few years. I found he always over charge. They ask patients to have some services that we don't really need.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Having been with Dr. Chan for many years, I feel that the quality of care has gone down especially with the changes to healthcare system being bill by service. Patient centered care has turned to doctor centered care. I don't feel like he is there to really listen to me anymore but just to get whatever it is he thinks he needs to get done as efficiently as possible. His receptionist or nurse at the front desk is friendly and takes the time to address my concerns, but I feel like he doesn't. Also he definitely overcharges people for filling out forms, and does not consider the individual's ability to pay out of pocket or give them options to reduce the potential for costs (i.e photocopying or taking a picture two pages of your health results on your own instead of paying $40 for two photocopied pages). I think he needs to take a step back and think about whether or not he is just in this for the money or in it for the job. My recently cumulative experience with him has really encouraged me to find a better MD. It's not just about diagnosing the illness, but about caring for a person holistically. I hope everyone searching for a GP will be strong advocates for themselves and their care.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

My family doctor retired in 2014 and it took me a lot of time to find a doctor who will accept new patient. The first visit ( last Friday ) was very impressive. My appointment was 12:00pm and I was out of the office at 12:40pm comparing to hours of waiting in my previous doctor's office because some patients just like to sit and chit chat with him. I once spent 3 hours waiting for 15 minutes appointment. I found Dr. Chan is quite knowlegable and able to convey diagose clearly. That is what I want from my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015