Dr. Erin Mckenzie

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Erin Mckenzie

I was referred to Dr McKenzie to see if I needed a root canal. She squeezed me into her schedule right away which I appreciated. She did a quick exam that took no more than 10 minutes and decided I had a fracture in my tooth that was visitvle to the eye (but my general dentist didn't notice) and needed a root canal and possibly an extraction if the crack was deep into the root. She put me on heaving antibiotic right away as she said bacteria had already went in through the crack and the root is inflammed. I was lucky they couldn't booked me in for the procedure for another two weeks so I asked my dentist to refer me to another specialist who can see me sooner. I saw Dr Kim Fuhrman at bankers hall this morning and he said my tooth was just bruised and there is no crack and no need for a root canal nor an extraction and that I can stop taking the antibiotics right away as there is no sign of infection or inflammation a all. He saved my tooth which she was very ready to work on or extract! I would not recommend her. Seek a second opinion to be on the safer side.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Dr. Erin Mckenzie

Dr. Erin Mckenzie's response
Hello I am sorry to hear this. We fit people in like yourself on emergency basis when they are in significant acute pain, as was your case. This type of situation typically only arises when the nerve is infected, not "bruised." Once the nerve is infected, treatment is required. Communication is very important in building a strong patient dentist relationship. I encourage you to return to our office for an additional consultation at no charge to monitor how your tooth progresses and seek further explanation of my diagnosis. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Submitted May 12, 2018

Was the best experience I have had at a dentist office thank you Katherine Benson

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Painless procedure and Erin is very kind and professional. Wonderful staff. Lovely office!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

Had a great experience with Dr Mckenzie & her staff- they were kind, helpful, and punctual. Dr Mckenzie made my root canal experience as good as it could be- she checked in with me regularly and made sure I was comfortable and distracted from any scary/frightening moments!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Pleasant and professional experience. Would recommend!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I was petrified of the idea of getting a root canal and Dr. Mckenzie was incredibly kind, she listened to all my questions/concerns and I knew I was in safe hands. Her staff was lovely and assisted me with all my inquiries. I highly recommend anyone who needs a root canal to see her.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I couldn't ask for a better experience. Dr. McKenzie did a brilliant job with the root canal. The staff was super friendly and it was a very relaxing environment. I will definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr Mckenzie was very calming during my root canal. She answered questions and concerns ahead of time. Her staff all made sure I knew, I could contact them after with any concerns or questions. Excellent experience!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

She did a root canal, pain/discomfort was minimal.........this place is managed and run to a higher standard than most.............

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

I was referred by my dentist. I had minor work (re-treating a 15 years old root canal on tooth#11). applying the local anesthesia was excellent, almost no pain or needle feelings. The most important part is I had not needed any antibiotics (though they were prescribed as precaution, I did not need to take any so far) and I am on my second day already. I have an Alkaline RO water filter with UV sterilizer at home and I brushed my teeth after every meal and rinsed with the pure filtered water and I almost did not feel any serious bad during most of the times from start to finish. One thing bothered me a bit after it finished : they took a several x-rays and a 3D scan , only 3D scan was not covered by my insurance, I believe they did that to ensure no other teeth is left with not properly done root canals but I already had my dentist checked that every year so they could have trusted the dentist and saved everyone some bucks, any way it might be required to do the root canal on the tooth itself and I did not talk to them about it as I was delighted by whats going on and I felt they deserve some clarity of what they are doing as at the end its going to be for my good. I believe I am feeling better now that when I bite on my tooth its much different than before ( it would be aawwyy before but know it started feeling emmyy ) looking forward for few days ahead and I expect great bite. sadly I am scheduled for tooth extraction of#12 with another (my) dentist next week in the works for a bridge! not had such a thing since I was a kid and I am now 41yo, almost my first I remember it was lots of agony! good luck folks, was a good and normal place to go no weirdos or anything like that.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr. Erin Mckenzie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients