Ratings for Dr. Dilshaad Asmal

Stay clear of her. She pretends like she cares about you, calling your name in the waiting room in her sing song voice, but eventually her condescending nature is very apparent. I got a second opinion, saved myself from skin biopsy that was not needed, and at least I understand my skin condition better after seeing a more professional and serious dermatologist.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr Asmal was at all times knowledgeable and professional and took the time to listen to my concerns and treat accordingly.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

What a waste of time seeing this doctor. She is totally manic and unprofessional . I had a basal cell carcinoma near my eye and had to have a biopsy which I understand was needed . But when my diagnosis was explained she said the best option was to have it cut out with a plastic surgeon. So I then had to then pay a plastic surgeon who cut out the skin cancer- but it was incompletely removed and the skin cancer actually grew back in 6 months . Through my own research , and through friends, I then found out that I should have been offered Mohs Surgery which is available in Cape Town by another highly qualified dermatologist in the city centre - who actually because of his overseas training in addition dermatology, can treat you without having to be referred to a plastic surgeon far more effectively and efficiencly, and not have to pay an extra consulatation fee. She is completely unethical not even telling me all treatment options and giving me the choice of having Mohs surgery - and now I have a recurring basal cell carcinoma new my eye.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Stay clear of this Doctor. She has not clue what she is doing. She made me do all these tests and basically told me I had cancer. She is very unprofessional and mentally unstable

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

She's great! Straight forward, friendly and no beating around the bush. Gives an honest opinion and the information you need to make any decisions

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I wish I read these comments before I went and saw her. She certainly was the rudest doctor I ever came across, and I'm not a sensitive person by any means. My appointment with her left me so upset, that I never went to a dermatologist for a full year after I consulted with her. My concerns where based on skin tags. She was rude from the moment I walked into the practice. When I walked in, I introduced myself to the receptionist. She was standing there, didnt look up once and said "Dilshaad Asmal, fill this in" and put forms down on the table, without looking up at all. Then she walked into her office. Five minutes later I was called in to see her. She sat me down, checked my face and neck, made some comments and asked a few questions, then proceeded to give me options as she sat writing at her table. Her idea of asking if I needed to know anything was say 'questions' after she was done rambling. I left there feeling so mad at her. I felt belittled. Anyway, now I see Dr Docrat in Wale Street, CBD and what a lovely soul. Not only does he have excellent bedside manner, he has also treated my skin tags in the first consultaion without having to specifically schedule another appointment to start, saving me money too. Ive been to him thrice and we're making great progress. I would never recommend Dr Dilshaad Asmal! There are far better doctors out there to spend your time and money on. I agree with one of the comments on here - Dilshaad needs a psychologist!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Rude and appalling is an understatement! She saw what clothes I was wearing and said "cheap foschini clothes" using such a ugly tone as she was examining me. Not all of us are specialist and are wealthy that can afford expensive clothes but that didn't seem to matter to her. She was so speedy through my examination as well. Definitely not worth the rate she charges. I would never recommend her!!!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

i was at her practice yesterday and had such a bad experience,she rushed though my consult, told me things i told her and didn't dig deeper to find out why my sons skin is reacting so badly. than she told my 13 year old she has to do an op on his face without being empathetic towards him and said she cant promise there wont be scars. i felt like she could've spent more time digging into what was happening to him and why and not have rushed out of the room before i even got up. i would never go back there and am definitely looking for a second opinion before i let some abrupt , rushed, rude women cut into my sons face.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Terrible behavior! Completely manic. In my professional opinion she needs to see a psychiatrist. I would never recommend anyone to see her. Feel sorry for her poor receptionist that is abused in that way. She is scolded in front of all the patients. Truly unprofessional

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Disgusting behavior towards her receptionist in front of her patients. Yes she has the clinical knowledge that a specialist in her field is suppose to have but I would rather spend my money on a dermatologist with more respect. Not classy in any form.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015