Ratings for Dr. Erik Saettler

Excellent surgeon , had a very large iquina hernia repaired , with local anethsethia , whole process done in about an hour never felt any pain walked out , did follow up in 4weeks and looks great

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Amazing surgeon, removed my gulbladder, recovered in just a couple days. Incisions healed very fast.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Dr. Saettler was amazing & unbelievably kind & sincere giving me final, unfortunate news. I was a difficult case being a new patient but he took amazing care of me.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

I saw Dr Saettler to have a 10cm growth removed recently & found him to be excellent in every capacity. I highly recommend him as it was as efficient & painless procedure as possible, thanks to him & his staff. I find the comments to date inaccurate regarding his performance as of May 2015.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I just recently had a colonoscopy at the Duncan hospital which was performed by none other than DR .Erik Saettler. In my brief meeting with him I found him to be quite errogant and standoffish, he would not even shake my hand or even introduce himself. During the proceedder I experience quite a bit of pain, enough to make me call out even though i was sedated.The next day I experienced sharp pain will having a bowl movement and also during uranation throughout the day. I called his office to inform them and his seceratary told me there was nothing to worry about. I will see how I progress In the next few days. But It just goes to show how much this doctor really cares, when he gets his secretary to diagnose patient complications. Never again will I go near this guy. I was a healthy individual befor the procedure. Hope I stay that way. Will give his seceratary a call If I get worse.lol

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

This surgeon has poor social skills. He doesn't make you a priority; places himself first. I came into the hospital on a Friday night & he was the "on-call" surgeon. He had left for the night and told the hospital that he would do my surgery first thing in the morning. Even though he was "on-call". The next day he then in turn had me wait another almost full day for surgery. I asked him for a time frame as to when surgery would be done because all my support and family was in another country. I had to pressure him and be persistent to get answer, all while in extreme pain, high fever, no food or water in 3 days! As a result, which i didn't find out till 8 months later, and in another country(I'm Dual); he waited to long. I now have IBS for the rest of my life, and it's taking a long time for my stomach to heal. Not just my stomach, but abdomen too. I lost 35 pounds while waiting to see him for a follow up, due to not eating or drinking for 2 months. Don't risk your life with this guy. Find someone else!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

our 12 yr old son went into CDH hospital, after 3 weeks of undiagnosed & atypical appendicitis symptoms, got appendectomy & is recovering fine. thank you to Dr Saettler (& all CDH staff) for professional, personable & genuine care. Dr Saettler answered our numerous questions, didn't have a specific answer for my specific question & said he'd look it up - which he promptly did. would recommend him ??

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

My daughter in law had the misfortune to be a patient of Dr. Saettler in June 2013. She was to have her gall bladder removed laparoscopically, but because her condition was more serious than anticipated, she required open surgery and a hospital stay. She experienced a great deal of pain and was not healing as expected. The nurses on the floor told us that they had called the doctor two and three times each shift. He kept discounting her pain as her low threshold. The most common adverse effect of gall bladder surgery is a nicked bile duct, but Dr Saettler apparently did not check for this. On day 5, my daughter in law lost consciousness and was taken to the ICU in critical condition. She had to be helicoptered to Victoria General Hospital, in a coma and on a ventilator, where three liters of bile were drained from her abdomen! She remained unconscious for 5 days in ICU. Total time of hospitalization for a gall bladder surgery -- 26 days. She nearly died. Think twice!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

This doctor was "subbing" for the doctor my husband was supposed to see. He had the data in front of him but he did not get any of the information he thought he was going to get - i.e. when a biopsy would be done. The appointment was a waste of time and we still don't have any idea when he will get a biopsy. We made it very clear we did not want him doing any procedures - we should have seen the doctor we had the appointment with.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

This doctor should not be dealing with ladies with breast cancer. Left there feeling sick to our stomach to think that he would be doing the surgery.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013