Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Levitt

I am so thankful for Jeff. Even though I was very reluctant and standoffish with him at first because of my past experience with doctors, he really took the time to get to know me and earn my trust as a client. To acknowledge the other comments, he is extremely blunt and honest. If it's not your style, take it or leave it. He has never been judgemental of my "nonconventional" lifestyle. I don't always agree with what he says, but hey thats in any human relationship. It's your life and in the end you have agency over that, he is there to offer a different perspective.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Jeffrey changed my life for the better. No matter how successful I am now, I never forget how instrumental he was in empowering me to move forward with tools, hope and self-confidence. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Jeff gave me concrete tools, methods, and insights that helped me and continue to help me. He is refreshingly honest. Good psychologists like him are few and far between. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Probably the worst clinical experience I've ever had as a client. Jeffrey Levitt was a knowledgable psychologist, but he failed to convey this knowledge into helpful and empathetic advice. A lot of his statements were clearcut and judgmental. At many occasion he made attributions based on my diagnosis rather than simply listening to my experience. It had the effect of making me feel like he took me for idiot. There was a discrepancy between his verbal account: "I'm on your team", and his non-verbal (implicit) account which suggested that I'm less than him. Rationally I wanted to follow his suggestions, but emotionally I felt like angry because he was a jerk showing off how smarter he was. To me it feels like this psychologist was following a rigid manualized treatment and he probably fell frustrated when I didn't want to follow this narrow path: " pfff... <annoyed> ok, we can talk about your past if you want". I'm more than I diagnosis, I'm a complex individual (like him) with a intricate life story. Today I'm thriving and defying the odds in my domain (got into a very selective academic program he didn't believe I would get into). The only solace in this story is that he gave me a model of the type of person I didn't want to be in life, namely: UNEMPATHETIC, KNOW-IT-ALL, JUDGMENTAL, IMPULSIVE, and UNFLEXIBLE. Bottom line: don't waist your time, you should AVOID THIS PSYCHOLOGIST.

Submitted January 30, 2018

You know that feeling where, when meeting with a new psychologist, you should feel some hope when exiting their office? Never happened. Instead I felt worse each time. He enjoyed saying things like my issues were "nothing special", that as a person i was "not remarkable", and that i would only fail in my new endeavor - when in fact i'm thriving and doing better than anyone could have expected. You can find infinitely better and much more empathetic psych help elsewhere in Montreal. AVOID THIS PSYCHOLOGIST AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

He is insightful, asks the right questions, and no matter how I feel before the appointment I leave with hope. The CBT approach which he specializes in really helped me in my everyday life. before seeing him, I had depression for years and social phobia. He helped grasp what i was going through and gave me tools to overcome it. Really helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. Levitt is wonderful and helpful. I think everyone would benefit from seeing a psychologist, and Dr. Levitt is an excellent choice.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016