Ratings for Paul Ricketts

This man actually thinks he is a "whisperer" . He is very quick to judge, thinks he has everybody involved figured out within minutes and is not "marriage friendly". He shows no compassion for people going through emotional trauma and is sexist. Women beware- there is no balanced approach when discussing marriage issues. I truly believe the comments that "he is in it for the money" maybe it wasn't like that always for him, but I wouldn't let him counsel my dog.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

All too often in life, we forget to thank the people who have helped us along the way. For some, conflict is paramount in life and therefore, when things don't go one's way, it's second nature to write a nasty review of the person you feel you have been wronged by. As a society, we really need to change that perspective. And for so many, they need to learn to take ownership of their own short comings instead of casting blame onto everyone else around them. That being said, plain and simple, Paul Ricketts is one of the most professional, thoughtful, kindhearted people I have encountered on this journey "through the infamous family court system". Paul's job is not an easy one and he does not take his responsibilities lightly. Sadly, my own situation is one of extremely high conflict and there is no end in sight. As our parenting coordinator, Mr. Ricketts made it very clear to me that his role was to find a solution that was in the best interest of my children -- first and foremost. I respected his honesty. He told me upfront that I wouldn't always like what he had to say, and he was absolutely correct. I didn't. But, I took a deep breath each time and put my children ahead of everything else. I knew in my heart that the recommendations and decisions Paul was making were in an effort to keep a balanced approach to our custody and access issues. What a job in and of itself! What made things easier for me is that my children absolutely fell in love with this man. Paul earned their trust and admiration just by being himself. He took the time to listen to them. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Truth is, so many professionals do not factor the children's needs or feelings into these complicated "equations" called "parenting plans" and "visitation schedules," etc. Paul actually does. My kids bonded with Paul in a very special way and, as a parent, that speaks volumes about Paul's character and ability to do his job. Paul is no longer our parenting coordinator because the conflict with my ex-spouse was too high. Paul's departure from our lives has left a very large gap for my children and they still ask to see him years later. But, at least we had him in our lives for a time and he made a huge impact. Paul is a highly, highly regarded professional and this doesn't just happen. He has put his heart and soul into his profession for a number of years and has earned the respect of so many of his peers, colleagues and clients. To read some of the comments from other people on this site, referencing Mr. Ricketts as a "clown" , "incompetent", "unprofessional", "manipulative" and referring to him as "arrogant" and "money hungry" make me laugh. Out loud, even! I hope those individuals take a good look in the mirror and ask themselves where the problems in their own lives truly, truly stem from. I highly recommend Mr. Ricketts and will continue to pass his name along to people I encounter who are going through a similar situation. And, I would encourage anyone reading this to pick up the phone and talk to Paul yourself. Ask questions. Ask lots of them. You are entitled to know how the process works and what is expected of you. Paul will talk you through it and, if he feels he's not the right fit for your situation, he'll point you to others who would be. That's just the kind of man he is. In life, we learn from one another, or so we should. Mr. Ricketts, if you are reading this, thank you for all you have done for my children. We could not have been luckier to have found you along the way and we are so grateful for the time we did have with you.

Submitted January 25, 2018

Paul Ricketts appears to be incompetent and unprofessional. He appears to think he can dismiss reports by competent psychiatrists. In short fails in due diligence . Very very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

The worst therapeutic practitioner I have ever encountered. He was completely unprofessional and inappropriate including lack of follow up, sloppy communication, inappropriate communication. Be warned, this clown is arrogant and he is power hungry. He loves to intimidate his clients by dropping names of judges who he's appeared before to give "expert" testimony. He is driven by money, manipulative and fails to keep accurate notes or records. He should not be allowed to practice. I filed an official complaint with The College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. If your experience has been like mine I would suggest you do the same. Paul, if you're reading this please for the sake of children all over this city hand in your license and get out before you damage more lives.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

This man should not be allowed to practice in any capacity. Bases his decisions on merely one or LESS interviews with children. Quick to take your money and will be happy to provide a letter to abusers and violent people -just pay him and you can get whatever you want. This man's word in family court should NEVzeR be allowed to be heard.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

He is an awful therapist. BEWARE! The only thing this man is good at is taking your money. Stay away.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN! this man has zero ethics, he was ultimately removed by the family court due to bias. I agree with all the negative comments by others on this site. This man should also not be allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I have dealt with Paul Ricketts on many occasions now. My experience was terrible and even more frustrating than dealing with Family Court. Waste of money! He never returned my emails, phone calls, but was very quick in taking my money. I went into this process of "parental Co-ordination" with an optimistic attitude, truly believing Mr. Ricketts would help. My experience was a disaster and a waste of money. His advice was always inappropriate and I believe he played my x-husband and I for fools telling us both different stories, which caused many more difficulties with my children and the courts. He told me things that he could and WOULD do and then he simply never followed through. If you are thinking of hiring this man, please think again. He took advantage of my situation, especially when I was vulnerable and truly needed his help.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Mr. Ricketts is a very knowledgeable and dedicated therapist. He is a straight shooter who gets to the heart of a issue and provides practical approaches and solutions. I am grateful for his guidance and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I also dealt with Paul Ricketts in a similar type of custody case as the previous post but my experience with him couldn't be more different. He was respectful, balanced, intuitive, kind and most important, very fair. He did not give any legal advice, but he did make a number of astute observations and suggestions related to proper parenting skills which helped our family a great deal. I would recommend him in a heartbeat and so would my X. We were both treated fairly throughout a highly stressful situation and our children benefitted immensely. At the end of the day, the kids are what matter most.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016