Ratings for Paul Ricketts

He is an awful therapist. BEWARE! The only thing this man is good at is taking your money. Stay away.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN! this man has zero ethics, he was ultimately removed by the family court due to bias. I agree with all the negative comments by others on this site. This man should also not be allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I have dealt with Paul Ricketts on many occasions now. My experience was terrible and even more frustrating than dealing with Family Court. Waste of money! He never returned my emails, phone calls, but was very quick in taking my money. I went into this process of "parental Co-ordination" with an optimistic attitude, truly believing Mr. Ricketts would help. My experience was a disaster and a waste of money. His advice was always inappropriate and I believe he played my x-husband and I for fools telling us both different stories, which caused many more difficulties with my children and the courts. He told me things that he could and WOULD do and then he simply never followed through. If you are thinking of hiring this man, please think again. He took advantage of my situation, especially when I was vulnerable and truly needed his help.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Mr. Ricketts is a very knowledgeable and dedicated therapist. He is a straight shooter who gets to the heart of a issue and provides practical approaches and solutions. I am grateful for his guidance and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I also dealt with Paul Ricketts in a similar type of custody case as the previous post but my experience with him couldn't be more different. He was respectful, balanced, intuitive, kind and most important, very fair. He did not give any legal advice, but he did make a number of astute observations and suggestions related to proper parenting skills which helped our family a great deal. I would recommend him in a heartbeat and so would my X. We were both treated fairly throughout a highly stressful situation and our children benefitted immensely. At the end of the day, the kids are what matter most.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I have met with Mr. Ricketts on a few occasions to deal with custody/access and family issues. Unfortunately my experience with him was nothing short of horrible. For a man who claims to be an expert in domestic violence and child custody issues, he certainly did not make me feel safe in working through issues with an abusive ex-partner. In fact, I found him consistently condescending and felt as if he regarded me as just another difficult emotional woman. He did not want to hear my concerns and he completely ignored the pattern of bullying and abuse from my partner. He also gave me really dangerous and misleading legal advice, and he tended to play my partner and I (by telling us both what he thought we wanted to hear). As a result, I made some decisions around my child's care (that I regret immensely) and my child has suffered enormously over the years. I trusted Mr Ricketts to help resolve issues at a pivotal moment in my child's life, and he ended up creating to a big mess.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

He has no staff. Doesn't keep notes. Contradictory. Hard to believe he is allowed to practice. Pleasant enough disposition. I guess so at $200.00 an hour l too could be plesant.

Submitted June 7, 2015

Extremely knowledgable, down to earth and very well trained in the art of therapeutic patient/therapist relationships. I felt relaxed and comfortable to share my story with him, early in the game. He in turn, quickly and accurately assessed my situation and offered a practical approach that helped my family and me immensely. Years later, I am still deeply grateful to him for his professional assistance. I recommend him highly and I am a health care professional myself. I know what's out there and he is one of the best.

Submitted September 9, 2014

He is an amazing therapist. Highly recommend if you're looking for a comfortable, knowledgeable therapist

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014