Ratings for Dr. James Au

I have had wisdom teeth issue for quite some time now and have finally picked up the courage to go have them assessed. I choose Gentle Dental Centre as it was a name I have heard of and also my fear of the dentist made me want to choose someone "gentle". I was assigned to Dr. James Au as the reception told me he is one of the dentist at the practice who takes at wisdom teeth. The initial consultation appointment he went over everything with me in regards to having wisdom teeth out. As I am not a health profession I always worry I wouldn't quite understand and would be too scared to ask. James manage to explain everything to me clearly in a way the general public would understand. He also stopped at certain points to ask if there was any questions which made me felt cared for. Come the day of the surgery, everything went smoothly from the sedation to having the teeth out. I had all for out with not problem, and recovery was great. So for anyone who has a dental phobia is just wanting someone who knows what he is doing I would highly recommend James. I am sticking with him for life so I sure hope he doesn't leave.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

First saw Dr Au at gentle dental centre few months back because I broke a tooth while eating toffee.Choose this place because of their radio ad and because I'm terrified of the dentist and gentle dental name sound appealing. I was appointed to Dr Au for a consult, he was on time and even grabbed me personally from the waiting area. Discussed options and showed picture and x-ray on the tv screen and explained everything very well with the use of his ipad (very hightech). He gave me the different options and explained the pros/cons. I went home to think about the option without the pressure of booking in at the time. I choose to crown my tooth. The crown was done in 1 appointment with amazing technology. It has been few months now since ive had the crown and it has been PERFECT! highly recommended. Great stuff, location and reasonable price i think (haven't really been to many other dentist but from what i heard the cost was ok)

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013