Ratings for Dr. Wey Leong

Many thanks to all of you who wrote about Dr. Leong before, which was the reason why I went to PMH. Everything many of you said about Dr. Leong before were even more real when he actually looked into my eyes and said “we will fight this cancer together! ” and that I am going to be fine. I finally felt I took control back, even a little bit, from this nasty disease because I chose Dr. Leong to lead the fight. He was such a humble man, so knowledgeable not only about surgery, but also how patients feel and what they need to hear from a doctor. His very empathetic bedside manner let me and my husband open up to him our unspoken fears. My husband Jim was a mess at 1st, after meeting Dr. Leong I could see Jim’s smiles again the first time in a long time. I can’t wait to have my surgery. Judging from how true all your reviews were so far, I should have nothing to worried about. I will post another comment after my surgery in 3 weeks time. Fingers crossed 😍

flag | Submitted October 19, 2019

I can’t thank enough what Dr. W Leone had done for me!How wonderful this doctor is! He is caring, efficiency, professional! And his whole team too! 5 stars is not enough for what Dr. W Leong and his team had done for me, he went above and beyond for sure. Thank you very much Dr. Leong! The day October 03, 2019 is my last visit , when you look into my eyes and said congratulations , that made me feel like a am the luckiest person in the world! And your smile is so kind and so sincere! Thank you very much again Dr. Leong, God bless you !

flag | Submitted October 6, 2019

When I 1st met Dr. Wey Leong his calming demeanour set my mind at ease from a recent biopsy results. When he explained what I had to prepare for I understood what was required moving forward. Day of surgery came & what was explained to me on our 1st meeting proceeded as discussed! I can’t thank Dr. Leong , Kathleen & his team for all they have done. I look forward to seeing Dr. Leong on a follow up visit in the near future. I can’t thank Dr. Wey Leong and his team enough for all they have done & the peace of mind my family was given following my surgery! Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart! Randall Purdy

flag | Submitted September 19, 2019

I was so devastated with the biopsy result I couldn’t understand / remember anything else that my family doctor said to me afterward. Meeting Dr. Leong the first time he was able to explain everything to me in layman’s terms, he then laid out a treatment plan for me. I could tell he was very experienced with patients like me because he answered all my questions even before I asked, including the type of questions that I would consider “the elephants in the room”, like my cancer prognosis. He was straight to the point but empathetic at the same time. I really appreciate his professionalism, at the same time he was very personable. I felt terrible to keep him so long because my anxiety paralyzed my ability to make a decision in choosing the procedures. He was so patient. I spoke to a plastic surgeon the same day, and it was very helpful that I could make a decision knowing all my options were carefully considered. I can go on and on about Dr. Leong. At the end, I strongly believe that being able to trust my surgeon completely will help me to get the best treatment outcomes. Thank you Dr. Leong.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2019

Dr. Leong is the best doctor I have ever seen; not one of the best, he is the best! He is so busy but he is so patient to answer & explain your questions. He is sincere and empathetic. I was very desperate before I first saw him. After that, I felt I would be in good hands with him. He had a great team supporting him too; everyone is so professional and kind. I have no single complaint at all. I wish him and his team all the best; they will save more people. Please do take good care of yourself, Dr Leong! God bless you!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

We had high expectations, after all, it’s THE Princess Margaret. Dr. Leong exceeded all of our expectations and then some. My 34 year old daughter had her mastectomies with immediate reconstructions for BRCA1. Her surgery went very smoothly and she was back to normal in no time. Her two toddlers had their mother back! Greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

I couldn’t agree more. Very sincere and empathetic. The people experience was what set him apart from the other oncologists whom I came across during my treatments. My oncoplastic surgery was great. He took out my 8cm cancer and my breast looked even better than before? I am thoroughly impressed. I could have had my surgery done by another surgeon my GP first sent me to, but I’m glad that I insisted on going to PMH.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

Amazing physician! Best care experience. My mother was sent to Dr Leong after a breast cancer diagnosis for a mastectomy. He and his team are very knowledgeable, caring, punctual and overall a pleasure to deal with in tough situations. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2019

Cool, calm and collected. 😎😌😚 Best doctor I have ever met, that’s my first impression of Dr. Leong. I was so lucky to have my surgery done by the best breast cancer surgeon in the world. I had my seamless (literally and figuratively) surgery in 2 weeks, pretty amazing considering I had to meet with a plastic surgeon and an anesthesiologist prior to the surgery. I didn’t even have time to meet with my boss to explain why I need to have time off work. I just wish that my medical oncologist and radiation oncologist are as amazing as Dr. Leong. 🤩😍🥰😘🤗

flag | Submitted June 29, 2019

I was reluctant to have surgery. I went to 3 surgeons before Dr. Leong explained the reasons why my condition required a surgery. His explanations made a lot of sense and that was the only reason I accepted the surgery. Swear to god if I hadn’t met Dr. Leong I wouldn’t have been alive right now because it turned out that I had a rare form of aggressive cancer. I’m not out of the woods yet but I’m grateful that my treatments are working so far.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2019