Ratings for Dr. Lynne Gillis

SUCH a fantastic doctor. She seems genuinely interested and invested in what's concerning me each time I see her. I've currently in my first trimester of pregnancy and they allow me to call in with questions and concerns and she and her nurse on staff are fantastic with putting my mind at ease over the phone. The person who gave her a 1 1/2 star below is unreasonable. If you want that service you have to pay for it. I live in the south of calgary and have to drive to the NW to see her for prescriptions, but guess what, she's worth it. So hard to find a fantastic Dr. these days. You shouldn't let such a trivial thing sway your rating that much.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

She is the best doctor one could ask for. Dr. Gillis always takes her time to make sure your satisfied with the outcome and never rushes you. They're have only been a couple of times I couldn't get into her but the doctor that could see me was able to text Dr. Gillis in regards to my symptoms and I just feel like that simple extra care is what she's all about. I really appreciate her taking me as a patient!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Can't help but roll my eyes at the review thinking Gillis is a good doctor. A person should not be charged for faxing a prescription to the pharmacy. Did you forget how much doctors get paid. Gillis charges more then she is worth

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

i can't help but roll my eyes at the reviews below complaining of paying for faxed prescriptions. alberta health care doesn't pay for that. doctors don't get paid for taking the time to review chart notes then taking more time to write out the prescriptions and fax it over so of course they have to charge. And if they don't get paid, then their staff salaries and bills don't get paid. i can't ask my dentist for a "free root canal". Anyways Dr Gillis is great- super nice, doesn't rush, and genuinely cares for you. I'm super happy she took over for Dr Reynolds. Her staff are awesome as well-- haven't had an issue so far. I think they just changed their phone system because its much faster to get through than in previous years.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

This is a doctor who cares! As someone else said she is very careful to write a script and I think she should be, I appreciate that and respect her for it. She is really a pro with more intimate things like paps and my kids really like her. I've had a bit of a crisis in her office and she gave me something extremely important... Her time, over an hour! Anyone would be blessed to have her as their family doc. It is EXTREMELY inconvenient that this office refuses to fax a pharmacy your perscription unless you pay (don't quote me) but $150-$200/year....sorry as it is my perscriptions are putting me in the poor house. Anyway thanks Dr. Gillis!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Dr Gillis really cares about people. You can see her compassion and empathy as you tell her what's going on with you. She's great with kids as well. She tends to be very careful before she prescribes any medication. My only real frustration with this office is that they will not fax over prescription to the pharmacist unless you pay a premium for them to do so each year. I go to many other doctors offices in Calgary and have never had this problem. Their office is very clean and I so appreciate that. The nurses are obviously very busy and even though I've been going there for 10 years they never remember me.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Great family doctor; would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Gillis took over from my previous doctor and I couldn't be happier! She is fair and always tries to tend to every concern you have. Her staff are awesome too! Her British secretary is very professional and they always make you feel comfortable while at the office.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013