Ratings for Dr. Ben Teoh

My son visited him four times, and only 10-15 minutes each session. It seemed that he was not interested in listening at all, repeatedly asking the same questions.After my son took the medication , he felt very tired. I mentioned twice to Dr Ben, he just refused to change the medication and told me that it would take too much risk and the ocd symptom would go worse. Finally, we switched to other doctor who takes good care of my son and the new medication works so well on him with no side effect at all. Dr Ben is lack of professionalism and compassion. I would not recommend him practice to anyone suffering a mental illness.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Have been seeing Dr. Ben Teoh for about 4-5 years. Every session only goes for 10-15 minutes and is $260. Every session he asks the exact same questions and asks what medication you are on and how many mg. He is very repetitive, he doesn't seem to remember anything that you told him in your last visit, even if it was 2 weeks ago. He is always running late with his appointments. He doesn't offer any good advice and can't really answer any questions. Dr Teoh also goes on a lot of long holidays and will be absent for months on end. When you try calling there is no message bank. I have been calling for 3 weeks straight now trying to make a follow up appointment and each time on the phone there is no answer and no voicemail with opening hours. Moving to another Dr asap. Don't waste your time and money on his poor services.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

No help at all. Just asks the same thing each time. Distracted - looks at his computer a lot and answered his mobile during an appointment and proceeded to talk for a long time. Needed several reminders for repeat prescriptions.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

DR TEOH IS ONE OF THE MOST HIGHLY REGARDED PSYCHIATRISTS IN PARRAMATTA. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE IN NEED OF PSYCHIATRIC HELP, AS I HAVE DONE SO IN THE PAST AND HE HAS HELPED MANY PEOPLE. HE IS PATIENT KIND AND HAS PLENTY OF TIME FOR YOU. HIS PROGNOSIS IS ALWAYS RIGHT FROM THE START, SO TREATMENT CAN COMMENCE IMMEDIATELY.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I attended Dr Teoh's rooms in North Parramatta for approximately 2 yrs. He didn't help me at all with my major depression and anxiety disorder. My appointment would only ever last for around 10-15 mins and in that time he was not interested in actually talking to me. He always asked me the same question every month, which was 'what medication are you on?'. He should have already known this as he was the one who prescribed my medications. He was completely uninterested when I told him that I had once taken over 10x times the amount of my of my medications! I gave up seeing him when he asked me why I wasn't getting better and that I needed to try harder to get well.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Interested only in money. Very unhelpful, unknowledgeable, not on time.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013