Ratings for Dr. Harris Fisher

Dr. Harris Fisher is a true expert in his field and his passion for TCM is very apparent. This is a doctor who truly lives what he believes in. He is attentive, straight-forward, gentle, compassionate and an excellent listener. If you see him for acupuncture and/or herbal medicine you will also get excellent dietary advice as well as lifestyle options. He is determined and seems to greatly desire to help his patients find balance and healing in their lives. I would recommend him highly to anyone who is seeking a professional doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Harris is such an incredible doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Firstly, the amount of knowledge he possesses is immense, and this is all fuelled by his true passion for this medicine, which you very quickly get to see first hand. Dr. Fisher has helped me with digestive concerns, skin, all the way to lower back pain during pregnancy. He is extremely professional, compassionate and empathetic toward his patients. When receiving care from Dr. Fisher, you always feel like you're in good hands! Thank you Harris!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

I always have had great sessions with Dr. Fisher. He is very attentive and intuitive. He is quick to understand the issues and symptoms I am presenting while allowing for ample time to discuss other things in my life that could be stressers that are alleviating my physical problems. I feel safe in Dr. Fishers care, and appreciate the consistency of care that he provides.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Fisher is an excellent doctor. I saw him for acupuncture prior to the birth of my first baby. In addition to providing great acupuncture care, he went above and beyond by sending me helpful recipes, exercises and other resources to add with the birth as well as postnatal care and wellbeing. It is evident that Dr. Fisher truly cares about his patients. I will definitely return to Dr. Fisher in the future for my health care needs.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Dr. Fisher is truly a kind, knowledgeable doctor who is a healer. Three acupuncture sessions and I can already feel the difference in my body.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I feel very lucky to have found Dr. Fisher. He is very personable and immediately made me feel at ease. My first acupuncture visit with him was when I was pregnant full-term with my first child. My contractions started the morning after my appointment and I had an uncomplicated labour and gave birth to a healthy baby boy. I returned to Dr. Fisher about a year and a half later to address postpartum issues with the goal of becoming physically healthy and strong again to try for a second pregnancy. We quickly re-established our rapport and my visits were relaxing and restorative. He successfully treated my ailments, having insight that other caregivers had not considered, and I became pregnant naturally with my second child. This time Dr. Fisher supported me thought my pregnancy from beginning to end so I had the benefit of alleviated pregnancy discomforts from nausea, joint/back pain and frequent sinus issues. My second baby boy was born after another fast and uncomplicated labour. Dr. Fisher is a natural healer, is very genuine, and takes extra time to address concerns and provide valuable advice even outside of acupuncture. This includes everything from healthy family recipes, to tips for activities with my son to even must see spots in Hawaii. Dr. Fisher is exceptional and he has my very highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Dr Harris Fisher has been an unbelievable support and help on my difficult fertility journey. His kindness and ongoing support was second to none. His ability to listen openly and offer support and effective treatment was extremely beneficial in my journey to success and I am not happy to now have a healthy baby boy. Dr Fisher is incredibly caring, sincere and positive in his approach. I always left his office feeling relaxed, supported, positive and full of hope - all things that I strongly believe helped me get to my desired outcome. I do not hesitate to highly recommend him and his services.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Fisher is a very friendly and professional individual. Will listen to issues and give clear, concise solutions. I would highly recommend Doctor Harris!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Highly knowledge and sincerely caring, my experience thus far with Dr. Fisher has been very positive and yielding some excellent progress. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

From the moment I spoke to him about my trouble getting pregnant I felt comfortable and relaxed. He had the most lovely bedside manner and really has answers and suggestions for all your needs.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr. Harris Fisher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Harris graduated from the Canadian College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Victoria BC with his Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Since then he has completed advanced study and internships with doctors of TCM in Victoria, Whitehorse, as well as in hospitals in China. Harris continues to add to his knowledge base with courses in pain management, stress management, endocrinology and fertility. Prior to moving to Vancouver, his clinical experience was in the fields of women’s health, fertility and men’s health at the Elements of Health Centre as well as preparing couples for assisted reproductive treatments at the Victoria Fertility Centre. In joining Yinstill Reproductive Wellness centre this focus on reproductive health continues to be at the forefront of Harris’ expertise in conjunction with a strong skill set in treating pelvic pain, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and menstrual irregularities. In 2009, Harris was involved in pilot study validating the effects of Acupuncture treatment for vulvar pain that was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. Stemming from his prior university degree in religion and philosophy at the University of Calgary, Harris has a strong affinity for the classical knowledge within TCM. Harris works from the fundamental principle inherent within TCM: balance. When the human body is in balance all of its systems operate in synergistic harmony. In working towards this treatment goal, Harris balances theory with clinical evidence to deliver an approach that is rooted in classical knowledge and supported by modern science. Harris balances his clinical practice with a passion for the outdoors. Whether on bike, board, boat or on foot, Harris enjoys all the aspects our beautiful west coast has to offer.

• English

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2000)

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Infertility
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
  • Menstrual cramps
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Uterine fibroids
  • Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
  • Fibrocystic breasts