Ratings for Dr. Harris Fisher

Dr. Fisher is truly a kind, knowledgeable doctor who is a healer. Three acupuncture sessions and I can already feel the difference in my body.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I feel very lucky to have found Dr. Fisher. He is very personable and immediately made me feel at ease. My first acupuncture visit with him was when I was pregnant full-term with my first child. My contractions started the morning after my appointment and I had an uncomplicated labour and gave birth to a healthy baby boy. I returned to Dr. Fisher about a year and a half later to address postpartum issues with the goal of becoming physically healthy and strong again to try for a second pregnancy. We quickly re-established our rapport and my visits were relaxing and restorative. He successfully treated my ailments, having insight that other caregivers had not considered, and I became pregnant naturally with my second child. This time Dr. Fisher supported me thought my pregnancy from beginning to end so I had the benefit of alleviated pregnancy discomforts from nausea, joint/back pain and frequent sinus issues. My second baby boy was born after another fast and uncomplicated labour. Dr. Fisher is a natural healer, is very genuine, and takes extra time to address concerns and provide valuable advice even outside of acupuncture. This includes everything from healthy family recipes, to tips for activities with my son to even must see spots in Hawaii. Dr. Fisher is exceptional and he has my very highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Dr Harris Fisher has been an unbelievable support and help on my difficult fertility journey. His kindness and ongoing support was second to none. His ability to listen openly and offer support and effective treatment was extremely beneficial in my journey to success and I am not happy to now have a healthy baby boy. Dr Fisher is incredibly caring, sincere and positive in his approach. I always left his office feeling relaxed, supported, positive and full of hope - all things that I strongly believe helped me get to my desired outcome. I do not hesitate to highly recommend him and his services.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Fisher is a very friendly and professional individual. Will listen to issues and give clear, concise solutions. I would highly recommend Doctor Harris!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Highly knowledge and sincerely caring, my experience thus far with Dr. Fisher has been very positive and yielding some excellent progress. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

From the moment I spoke to him about my trouble getting pregnant I felt comfortable and relaxed. He had the most lovely bedside manner and really has answers and suggestions for all your needs.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Excellent doctor! I saw doctor Harris when I went through ivf, and I believe acupuncture helped a lot! doctor Harris also came the day of transfer, I also saw him the day before i delivered, I believe acupuncture helped out as well! He is very patient, friendly, welcoming and professional as well as his staff! He is very knowledgeable with Chinese medicine and provides great advice and information! I would highly recommend Doctor Harris!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

You are in great hands with Harris! He is very knowledgeable about Chinese medicine and when he explains things to me, it all makes so much sense! I very much look forward to my treatments with him because I know I can count on results being delivered and that feels great!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Dr. Fisher has helped me and my wife trough IVF. His professional, knowlegeable, highly responsive and compassionate involvement has helped to conceive and carry baby boy to term. Both, I and my wife very much appreciate Dr. Harris hollistic approach and feel privileged to recommend his services to others in search of help.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

I started seeing Dr. Fisher about a year and a half ago. I had recently had an ectopic pregnancy and another miscarriage and was hoping to regulate my cycle and prepare my body for carrying a child to term. Through acupuncture and Chinese medicine, Dr. Fisher helped to regulate and shorten my cycle within a few weeks. After I suffered my third pregnancy loss, he helped me mentally and physically through the trauma and helped get me prepared to try again when I was ready. Finally, last spring I became pregnant again and continued seeing Dr. Fisher throughout my first trimester. I also started seeing him again during my last month of pregnancy to prepare my body for birth. I am thrilled to let you know that just over a week ago I gave birth to a healthy baby girl just 2 days before her due date. Throughout this whole process, Dr. Fisher has been knowledgeable, attentive and caring. At the appointments, he was always prompt, took time to address my concerns and answer questions and really took the time to get to know me. Between appointments, he was able to answer any questions that I had quickly via email. He also sent me valuable information about supplements, nutrition, meditation, exercise and acupressure points for labour. I would (and have to many friends) highly recommend Dr. Fisher.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. Harris Fisher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Harris graduated from the Canadian College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Victoria BC with his Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Since then he has completed advanced study and internships with doctors of TCM in Victoria, Whitehorse, as well as in hospitals in China. Harris continues to add to his knowledge base with courses in pain management, stress management, endocrinology and fertility. Prior to moving to Vancouver, his clinical experience was in the fields of women’s health, fertility and men’s health at the Elements of Health Centre as well as preparing couples for assisted reproductive treatments at the Victoria Fertility Centre. In joining Yinstill Reproductive Wellness centre this focus on reproductive health continues to be at the forefront of Harris’ expertise in conjunction with a strong skill set in treating pelvic pain, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and menstrual irregularities. In 2009, Harris was involved in pilot study validating the effects of Acupuncture treatment for vulvar pain that was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. Stemming from his prior university degree in religion and philosophy at the University of Calgary, Harris has a strong affinity for the classical knowledge within TCM. Harris works from the fundamental principle inherent within TCM: balance. When the human body is in balance all of its systems operate in synergistic harmony. In working towards this treatment goal, Harris balances theory with clinical evidence to deliver an approach that is rooted in classical knowledge and supported by modern science. Harris balances his clinical practice with a passion for the outdoors. Whether on bike, board, boat or on foot, Harris enjoys all the aspects our beautiful west coast has to offer.

• English

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2000)

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Infertility
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
  • Menstrual cramps
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Uterine fibroids
  • Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
  • Fibrocystic breasts