Ratings for Dr. Shobha Joseph

My first session with Dr. Shobha lasted less that 15 minutes, where by she did not touch my skin or even come over to look at my face. She pescribed me two medications, one she told me was a "disinfectant cream" turns out both were antibiotics. I went in for blood tests and she said to call her in 2 weeks time to discuss results. I tried to call her 7 times over two weeks but her staff continued to tell me "she has received your message and will return your call". Never received a call back. I recommend going somewhere else, or another dermatologist at this clinic!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I am a regular patient of Dr Shobha. She is down to earth and super knowledgeable. No artificial colours and flavours. what I ment to say is that she is polite and professional not over friendly and artificial. She doesn't prescribe medicines that aren't legitimately beneficial for you. I have recommended others and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Her knowledge of problem root cause diagnosis is very poor. She follows a particular path of advising to continue on medication for several months even though there is no result. My analysis from my experience with her is that she has book knowledge and lacks practical knowledge to think in a different angle and what else could be causing the issue. She never responds to patient calls. Her staff at the clinic keep taking messages but is very difficult to get a return call from her. Great lack of patient relationship approach is very like "you are just another one of my patients". I eventually changed my doctor and my issue was treated in 4 weeks compared to 4 months continued medication with Dr Shobha.

Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr Shobha seemed disinterested. While her knowledge of my skin condition seemed ok, she couldn't get me out the door quick enough. I was prescribed antibiotics and instructed to stay on them for 4 months however I was only prescribed enough for 12 days. I had to ring 4 times over the course of a week to get another script. She did not return my call once. My only response from the clinic was to receive more scripts in the mail. Meanwhile I had run out of antibiotics so had to stop them and then start again.

Submitted January 7, 2015

I had a skin check with Dr Shobha, which saved my life

Submitted September 24, 2014

one of the best female Dermatologists that I have ever consulted!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

My mom had some bruises developing under her skin, thinking it was a skin problem we decided to see a good dermatologist and we're booked in with dr Shoba. She was polite and friendly but was unable to diagnose my mom correctly, nor was she referred for any further examinations or tests and was told it was a heat rash. My mom was diagnosed two months later with aml a very aggressive form of leukaemia and passed away 3 weeks after her diagnosis. We lost two precious months which could have made a huge difference. My only regret is not seeing another gp or dr during that time or asking to get further tests done . Her Misdiagnosis or ignorance caused me loose my mom .

Submitted October 3, 2013

really a doctor with passion and competence

Submitted February 18, 2013