You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Juan Venter

When I first met this doctor, I thought he was kind and listened to my father's concerns. However, he is never available as he is upgrading his skills and this situation allowed for his cancer diagnosis to be "overlooked". This is heartbreaking to our family. He needed guidance and support from his family doctor and did not receive it.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

My father, a patient of this doctor has NOT been cared for proper. Dr. Venter did not read my dads file after being tested for cancer. My dad was told 2 months later about this. My dad is now suffering from 3 types of cancer. He has been sent home numerous time now without Dr. Venter having the homecaew put in place to follow up with my dad and his catheter. We recently found out about all of this and are disgusted with the lack of care my dad is receiving. Interior health has also noted how horrible this is and they have had to apologize for this. I hope that this doesn't happen to your loved ones. This is not acceptable! He is unavailable for proper follow ups and regular appointments.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Really nice doctor. Like most doctors, he overwhelmed with more than one health issue at a time. He is willing to listen, but not to a bunch of symptoms - pick your top three symptoms that are bothering you and don't share any more than that. What I appreciate most about Doc. V is that he not jump to mental health diagnoses - having allergies has caused many doctors to give me the diagnoses of depression or anxiety - thank you doc V. for not doing that.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Saw Dr. Venter at Oliver Hospital walk in. Found him very relaxed, no hurray, good listener, very through examiner before he decides his plan of action. Explains his findings in a manner easily understood. Allows for questions and suggestions. Awesome Doctor. Oliver and area, you are lucky to have a Dr. of this quality...... Welcome to Oliver......... DW

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Excellent Doc. Listens well, open to listening to ideas, never rushes me out, he has even helped with my piercings... all my other docs would send me to a piercer and wanted nothing to do with them. He is a caring, personable doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

I've been seeing Dr.Venter since he came into town. He is a really great doc. He thorough if you make sure you help look after yourself too. He's well mannered, very nice and personable. He is not closed minded like most pharma trained docs. He's open to natural cures and remedies. Not open enough to help but open enough to listen. The problem with most doctors is big pharma gets in the way of most cures and the medical board just follows as well.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Great Doctor! Gives you all the time you need - never rushes. My family has always had good doctors - Pleased to say that Dr. Venter rates up there with the best.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

I did not feel that I was treated with respect. Being given a child's potty to give a urine sample in was very demeaning. The doctor was hurried and did not take the time to listen to what I had to say. The policy of only allowing "one complaint" kept me from giving other symptoms that were necessary to diagnose my problem. I had to drive in to Penticton to see a doctor at a walk in clinic. It is very difficult in this area to find another doctor but I am certainly looking for one.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

New to the area. Very personable and thorough - gives you all the time you require.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

Dr. Juan Venter's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "When I first met this doctor, I thought he was kind and listened to my father's concerns. However, he is never available as he is upgrading his skills and this ..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My father, a patient of this doctor has NOT been cared for proper. Dr. Venter did not read my dads file after being tested for cancer. My dad was told 2 month..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Really nice doctor. Like most doctors, he overwhelmed with more than one health issue at a time. He is willing to listen, but not to a bunch of symptoms - pick..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. Venter at Oliver Hospital walk in. Found him very relaxed, no hurray, good listener, very through examiner before he decides his plan of action. Explai..."

November 17, 2014