Ratings for Dr. Juan Venter

Dr Venter was very informative and professional. He administered injections after a thorough consultion. I felt extremely confident with his knowledge on the subject. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Saw Dr. Venter at Oliver Clinic today. Having suffered from constant Severe Lower Back related pain and immobility for over 20 years, I walked out after completing his examination & treatment feeling almost pain free; Imagine how that feels!!! I found him very easy-going, friendly and made me feel completely at ease. I experienced a very through examine before he proceeded with his plan of action, which was explained in a manner that I easily understood. I am very grateful to my GP Dr. Black for the referral, and very happy to have met him and in finally experiencing some relief; 20+ years is a long, long time! Best of luck at Mc Gill, and I look forward to learning all about what you learn there, and on how you found your first NHL experience in the Mecca of Hockey! Cheers, Daniel.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Dr Venter has a nice manner about him but has been absent a lot; my husband does not visit the doctor too often but had a locum 3 times in a row! This is not helpful or safe when a patient needs ongoing care and observation.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

When I first met this doctor, I thought he was kind and listened to my father's concerns. However, he is never available as he is upgrading his skills and this situation allowed for his cancer diagnosis to be "overlooked". This is heartbreaking to our family. He needed guidance and support from his family doctor and did not receive it.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

My father, a patient of this doctor has NOT been cared for proper. Dr. Venter did not read my dads file after being tested for cancer. My dad was told 2 months later about this. My dad is now suffering from 3 types of cancer. He has been sent home numerous time now without Dr. Venter having the homecaew put in place to follow up with my dad and his catheter. We recently found out about all of this and are disgusted with the lack of care my dad is receiving. Interior health has also noted how horrible this is and they have had to apologize for this. I hope that this doesn't happen to your loved ones. This is not acceptable! He is unavailable for proper follow ups and regular appointments.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Really nice doctor. Like most doctors, he overwhelmed with more than one health issue at a time. He is willing to listen, but not to a bunch of symptoms - pick your top three symptoms that are bothering you and don't share any more than that. What I appreciate most about Doc. V is that he not jump to mental health diagnoses - having allergies has caused many doctors to give me the diagnoses of depression or anxiety - thank you doc V. for not doing that.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Saw Dr. Venter at Oliver Hospital walk in. Found him very relaxed, no hurray, good listener, very through examiner before he decides his plan of action. Explains his findings in a manner easily understood. Allows for questions and suggestions. Awesome Doctor. Oliver and area, you are lucky to have a Dr. of this quality...... Welcome to Oliver......... DW

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Excellent Doc. Listens well, open to listening to ideas, never rushes me out, he has even helped with my piercings... all my other docs would send me to a piercer and wanted nothing to do with them. He is a caring, personable doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

I've been seeing Dr.Venter since he came into town. He is a really great doc. He thorough if you make sure you help look after yourself too. He's well mannered, very nice and personable. He is not closed minded like most pharma trained docs. He's open to natural cures and remedies. Not open enough to help but open enough to listen. The problem with most doctors is big pharma gets in the way of most cures and the medical board just follows as well.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Great Doctor! Gives you all the time you need - never rushes. My family has always had good doctors - Pleased to say that Dr. Venter rates up there with the best.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013