Ratings for Dr. Jacob Van Merwn

I was very disappointed in Dr. Van Merwn's manner and diagnosis. We drove 3 hours to get to Kitimat to hear him tell me that my osteoarthritus in my hip was not severe when I new it was, berate me for wanting cosmetic hip replacement, shove papers at me, order me to have an xray at his facility, get on the seminar list for hip replacements and go for a cortisone shot. Talking a mile a minute without listening to anything I said. I have never been treated so badly by a doctor. When we arrived home I finally looked at the papers he shoved at me and low and behold what I thought was a copy of my xray turned out to be my sister in laws CT scan of her hips. We have the same name but she spells hers differently, her birth date is different than mine and her middle name is not the same as mine. His whole diagnosis was based on her CT scan not my xrays which my family doctor had taken and sent to him prior to the consult. Now I have huge lack of trust in ortho surgeons and the process.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013