Ratings for Dr. Mark Edward McLean
If you catch him on a good day he is great. However, if you deal with him enough you will find he is very stubborn, arrogant, hypocritical, and even cruel. The impression I get from him is that he doesn't want to view you as an equal, on a human to human basis, he isn't interested in your opinion on treatment changes or on what kind of treatments you would like to try instead of his. He has broken promises on two occasion, and I have caught him in contradictions on more than a few occasions. The same thing has happened to me, when I've missed an appointment. He promised he would fax the suboxone script to the pharmacy, but did not. When the pharmacist called him about it he simply didn't acknowledge it and hung up. She was furious and kind enough to fill an emergency script for that night. He is has been 80% of the time fine and helpful even. But the other 20% is pure toxicity, and damaging to my recovery.
I agree with everyone's character assessment of Dr. Mclean in all it's positives, but I have to also agree with what one person said that he can "react quite unreasonably" and be a little tactless at times. Ex: I missed an appointment to refill my suboxone script due to work obligations. He was not due to be back in the office for 3 days. Through the nurse at Daytox requested that he fax a script to my pharmacist just for the 3 days until I can come in for an appointment. He refused and insisted I have to see him first. That now means I will be without my withdrawal meds for 3 days! On the verge of calling the old dealer to score a 3 day supply of Percs. Good job doc!
Very intelligent, genuine & straightforward, honest almost to a fault at times but always calls it as it is. Very opinionated but is knowledgeable enough to do so. Ive been seeing him for just over a year now and would recommend him to anyone seeking help with opiate addiction
I've been seeing Dr McLean for almost 3 years regularly once a month. He is a pleasant approachable down-to-earth guy - most of the time. There have been occasional days that he has reacted quite unreasonably toward me though, which made things more stressful for me. I suppose he has to follow the protocol, but that has resulted in me holding back what information I share with him. This unfortunately negatively impacts the therapeutic relationship. I'd like to be completely open with my doctor, without it having adverse consequences. Other than that, he is definitely a very knowledgeable professional and I trust he knows what he's doing very well. Sometimes his desk staff can be snotty and talk down to Dr McLean's addict patients.
Dr. Mark Edward McLean's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
Publications & Research
Insurance accepted by this Doctor
Top Urgent Care Centers in Vancouver, BC
Find a Doctor by Specialty
- Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Doctor
- Emergency Room Doctor
- Endodontist (root canal)
- Family Doctor / G.P.
- Gynecologist (OBGYN)
- Infectious Disease Specialist
- Internist / Geriatrician
- Massage Therapist (registered or licensed)
- View all Specialties >
Top Addiction Medicine Specialists
#1 of 14
#2 of 14
#3 of 14
#4 of 14
#5 of 14