Ratings for Dr. Mark Edward McLean

I agree with everyone's character assessment of Dr. Mclean in all it's positives, but I have to also agree with what one person said that he can "react quite unreasonably" and be a little tactless at times. Ex: I missed an appointment to refill my suboxone script due to work obligations. He was not due to be back in the office for 3 days. Through the nurse at Daytox requested that he fax a script to my pharmacist just for the 3 days until I can come in for an appointment. He refused and insisted I have to see him first. That now means I will be without my withdrawal meds for 3 days! On the verge of calling the old dealer to score a 3 day supply of Percs. Good job doc!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Very intelligent, genuine & straightforward, honest almost to a fault at times but always calls it as it is. Very opinionated but is knowledgeable enough to do so. Ive been seeing him for just over a year now and would recommend him to anyone seeking help with opiate addiction

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I've been seeing Dr McLean for almost 3 years regularly once a month. He is a pleasant approachable down-to-earth guy - most of the time. There have been occasional days that he has reacted quite unreasonably toward me though, which made things more stressful for me. I suppose he has to follow the protocol, but that has resulted in me holding back what information I share with him. This unfortunately negatively impacts the therapeutic relationship. I'd like to be completely open with my doctor, without it having adverse consequences. Other than that, he is definitely a very knowledgeable professional and I trust he knows what he's doing very well. Sometimes his desk staff can be snotty and talk down to Dr McLean's addict patients.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Mark Edward McLean's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I agree with everyone's character assessment of Dr. Mclean in all it's positives, but I have to also agree with what one person said that he can "react quite un..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very caring and intelligent. Soft spoken, compassionate and gives very helpful feedback."

March 23, 2015