Ratings for Dr. Hilary Wu

We are so fortunate to have found Dr. Wu to take care of our dental health. The care she provided us extends well beyond our dental needs. She is very passionate with her work and really cares about her patients and takes the time to explain any issues in great detail. Her staff are very professional and friendly. We would highly recommend Dr. Wu to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I have a phobia of dentists, so I searched the internet thoroughly for the "best-rated" one I could find. Lovely staff (Nadia, reception) nice atmosphere in the office, awesome technician (Ashley). Can't say I enjoyed my extraction, but I am sure I picked the best place to have it done. This will be my office from now on...highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

We have to leave this office due to job relocating. I'd like to share my experience and say THANK YOU to Dr. Wu for taking care of our family. We've been seeing Dr. Wu for several years, she's SIMPLY THE BEST. She's the most competent and the gentlest dentist I've ever had. She is a perfectionist and she takes time to explain. Her staff are very friendly and helpful too. Claudin is our hygienist. She is very knowledgeable and gentle as well. Her cleaning is always 100%. I felt my teeth are SUPER clean every time, she's just AMAZING. They do get busy sometime, but for the services we received, it definitely worth the waiting. My teeth are stronger compare with a few years ago. Never regret to see Dr. Wu, and her office is one of the places we'll remember about Ottawa.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Incredible dentist and office. I wondered if the wonderful reviews were really true, and they are. Thank heavens I found Dr Wu. I have a lot of cavities stemming from childhood. Since I travel widely, I've had to get dental work in whichever country I find myself in, and not one of the dentists I've seen came close to Dr Wu for competence and compassion. I had to get 4 fillings just this month and I couldn't believe how incredible she was in freezing me without pain ... taking time to finish the filling so as not to leave any rough patches (like I've had done with several dentists) ... and mostly for taking the time to adjust my bite properly. In my eyes, she is the Michelangelo of dentistry. When I told her of the improper bite adjustment I had from a previous dentist, she fixed it right away. When I told her about some extra dental material another dentist had left between two teeth (which made it hard for me to floss), she fixed it right away. No problem. You can tell she takes great pride in her work. The first time I left her office, my husband asked me how my dental visit went. I told him that I had the best dental experience of my life. My husband asked me the reason it was so good. I said, "Because Dr Wu's so uber competent." But then I knew I hadn't really hit the nub of the matter and added, "Mostly because she cares. She really cares." Thank you Dr Wu for putting my troubled mouth back into working order, and thank you Maria and Nadia for being so welcoming at the front desk, and Otesha and Ashley, for being so gentle, attentive, and funny as you assisted Dr Wu. You are the dream team of dentistry. If only the rest of the world would work so wonderfully.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

This office has a very friendly and competent staff and a wonderful highly skilled dentist. Dr Wu is so accommodating and explains everything well. She is a perfectionist and all her work is beautiful. I do actually relax when I am there in the comfortable chairs/beds. The hygienists are kind and gentle. The parking is very convenient and free.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I have always had excellent experiences with Dr. Wu and her staff. Regrettably, the parking at her office caused a challenge as it is on an incline and can be rather slippery in the winter. Because of a disability and this parking challenge, I've had to change to a new dentist that is more accessible.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. Hilary Wu

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Hello and Thank you for your comment. I do apologize that the parking lot was slippery when you visited our office. We will work very closely with our contractor and make sure the snow removal is done properly every time. We want to ensure the safety and well being of all of our patients. I am sorry to see you leave. We wish you all the best and we are here for you should you need anything. Sincerely, Dr. Wu

Submitted April 26, 2017

Everything was great starting with the help that Maria provided for me. no pain,great feeling. thanks.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I recently switched to Dr. Wu's office because of a bad experience with a hygienist at another office. The hygienist at Dr. Wu's office was excellent - kind, helpful, knowledgeable and inspiring - I am even looking forward to my next cleaning. Dr. Wu was very efficient, though this was just a first evaluation. Once thing I liked was that she does not suggest unnecessary work, which has happened to me in the past with other dentists.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

First time going to this dentist. Nervous about changing dentists. I changed because this location is very close to my home. Very welcoming staff, hygienist was very gentle and knowledgeable and friendly, and Dr. Wu came for a quick look at my teeth and was also friendly and welcoming. Glad I found a new dentist, glad I went here, and look forward to staying with this team.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr. Hilary Wu

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. Our team is passionate about helping our patients. We truly appreciate your kind words. We look forward to making your next visit as pleasant.

Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr. Wu took over the practise from our dentist and we were apprehensive but it has been great. Dr. Wu is very knowledgeable and has a gentle touch. This is awesome as I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to dental work. The staff is awesome and have known a couple of the girls for years now. It's always a pleasure going into their office .....sj

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Hilary Wu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wu had her dental surgeon training in Peking University. She continued her specialist training in the same school and graduated as a prosthodontist in 2000. After she came to Canada, Dr. Wu studied in the University of Western Ontario, then graduated with distinction and received her D.D.S. degree. In 2012 she moved to Ottawa with her family. Since then she dedicates herself in the community to treat, help and take care of her patients. Dr. Wu emphasizes on preventative dental treatment and planning. She works together with her hygiene department systematically helping patients to prevent gum disease and cavity. As a result, to reduce their chances of having oral discomfort, to avoid needing extensive or expensive dental treatment. Dr. Wu specializes in restorative dental treatment, under comprehensive design, to restore and improve patient's oral functionality and aesthetics. Willing to benefit the patients with her many years of knowledge and experience, Dr. Wu and her team strive to help their patients feel good and look good, and to support their patients to achieve better oral health and brighter smiles in the long term. To put her dental care philosophy in a few words: Treat the patients the way we want our family to be treated.

• Mandarin
  • English

• Peking University (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2012)

• Dr. Gerald Z. Wright Award

• An investigation of dental anomalies related to human missing teeth
  • The detection of the mutation in PAX9 gene related to missing teeth