Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Hilary Wu

I have always been impressed with the punctuality, friendliness, and quality of service I've received at Dr. Wu's clinic. Nobody (that I know of) likes to go to the dentist, but Dr. Wu and her staff certainly make it much more bearable. Everyone I have dealt with at the clinic in the last few years has been very polite, friendly, and knowledgable. Chrystalle is an outstanding dental hygienist, and the few times that I've actually needed treatment Dr. Wu's work has been professional and very well done. I can only recommend this clinic.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2018

Always a positive experience visiting this clinic! The staff are wonderful, friendly, and helpful. Love the hygienists for being gentle and completely thorough, and Dr. Wu is always welcoming and very knowledgeable. Both my young children are patients here, as well, and every staff member always goes above and beyond to make their experiences positive and fun! Thank you for all your great work.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure to have you and your children in our office. It is our responsibility to work with you and support you to achieve your long term health goal. We will continue to try our best to take good care of your family. We look forward to seeing you and your children in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Hilary Wu and staff

Submitted November 16, 2018

A dentist is only as good as the entire team that works in her office, and this team is wonderful. I decided to make the switch from a very negative dental office environment, and when stopping by to check out Dr. Wu’s office I was so warmly welcomed by Maria that I knew this was the place for me. She made the new patient process so easy and seamless, and did it all with a smile. Crystalle was my hygienist, and she has such a gentle manner and great attention to detail. I met Dr. Wu briefly at the end of my visit, and she was also very friendly and knowledgeable . I am so grateful to be a patient at Dr. Wu’s office. They are such a great team, making the whole experience so fun, yes fun! What a special place.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your first experience with our clinic. I am very happy that you enjoyed it. Maria always greets all patients with a smile and explains things thoroughly to make all transitions easy and worry free. Crystalle is a wonderful hygienist and takes good care of every patient. I am very lucky to have such a great team that works along my side every day. I always feel the strong support from my team, thus I am able to focus on my treatment and providing high quality care to my patients. I am also grateful for all the patients who come to our office. It is your trust, understanding and recognition give our everyday work a meaning. It is my pleasure to have you in our office. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Hilary Wu

Submitted November 16, 2018

compassionate, welcoming staff who immediately put clients at ease. Dr Wu's skills are excellent, she explains everything.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you very much for your compliment. I am so grateful to have a great team. They are wonderful people and they are passionate in helping others. We get quite busy during the day, however, with the strong support from my staff, things are organized and treatments go smoothly. I always try to explains and provide more information to our patients. And I believe the more dental knowledge our patients have, the better oral health they can achieve. Sincerely, Dr. Hilary Wu

Submitted October 19, 2018

I am a very nervous person and Dr wu made sure to explain step by step what was being done and always asks me if I'm ok during a procedure! Staff is amazing with a sense of humor which is nice. Dr wu is very delicate with me and my children, I have nothing negative to say they are all great😁

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for your kind words. My team and I try our best to assure that all of our patients are comfortable and at ease. Our priority is to provide excellent service and care. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Hilary Wu and staff

Submitted October 18, 2018

I feel so comfortable with both Dr. Wu and my hygienist Claudine. I have always dreaded going to a dentist, and I now know that both Dr. Wu and Claudine have the expertise to make me feel comfortable and pain free.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. I am so happy that you like the services we provide. Claudine is a great hygienist who is meticulous with her work and always takes good care of patients. I appreciate your trust and look forward to seeing you the next time. Sincerely, Dr. Hilary Wu

Submitted October 19, 2018

Several different friends have recommended Dr. Wu. Every time I went there, I almost fell asleep because it is comfortable. She is very nice, explaining everything clearly and meticulously. I also like Maria at the front desk very much. She is very considerate for the customers, warm and thoughtful, provided a lot of help.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Wu's for a few years now and I have been pleased with her work. I tend to spend more time with my hygienist Crystalle Charette and I find her exceptional. I have a history with dentists having what some have coined my mouth as a challenge :) so I have much experience with dentists and hygienists. I have learned to find a happy place when in the chair but always leaving with sweaty palms regardless how well the visit would go. having just come back from my bi-monthly visit I am delighted to say that my palms were dry and I can even go as far to say that my polishing actually tickled a bit. Best visit ever. Thank you Dr. Wu for hiring the cream of the crop! My daughter is 3.5 years old and she loves going to see Crystalle as well.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Amazing service, very professional! All dental work by Dr. Wu has been of amazing quality! No issues! Claudine is definitely the best hygienist I have ever had!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Dr. Wu is awesome and her staff are just as amazing. Always feel at home there and they never disappoint ! Very caring and friendly.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wu had her dental surgeon training in Peking University. She continued her specialist training in the same school and graduated as a prosthodontist in year 2000. After she came to Canada, Dr. Wu studied in Western University, then graduated with distinction and received her D.D.S. degree. In 2012 she moved to Ottawa with her family. Since then she dedicates herself in the community to treat, help and take care of her patients. Dr. Wu emphasizes on preventative dental treatment and planning. She works together with her hygiene department systematically helping patients to prevent gum disease and cavity. As a result, to reduce their chances of having oral discomfort, to avoid needing extensive or expensive dental treatment. Dr. Wu specializes in restorative dental treatment, under comprehensive design, to restore and improve patient's oral functionality and aesthetics. Willing to benefit the patients with her many years of knowledge and experience, Dr. Wu and her team strive to help the patients feel good and look good, and to support their patients to achieve better oral health and brighter smiles in the long term. To put her dental care philosophy in a few words: Treat the patients the way we want our family to be treated.

• Mandarin
  • English

• Peking University (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2012)

• Dr. Gerald Z. Wright Award

• An investigation of dental anomalies related to human missing teeth
  • The detection of the mutation in PAX9 gene related to missing teeth