Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Hilary Wu

I had to solicit Dr. Wu to help me after a terrific experience I had with a dentist at ‎Lapointe clinic in Gatineau. Despite her fully booked schedule, she accepted to ‎see me and prescribe me an effective treatment. My condition was so terrible that ‎she took the decision to surprise me with a phone call at night inquiring if I went ‎better. I instantly told her that we should add the word “Angel” to her title. ‎Imagine a so-called doctor who left me suffering for five days without any ‎follow-up and the other one (Dr. Wu) who accepted to consult me without any ‎appointment and calling me at around 10 pm to ask me if her treatment is getting ‎me well.‎ Thank you, Dr. Wu and many thanks to your amazing and very skillful staff, and ‎please accept me and my family in your patient's list.‎

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Her command of the English language needs to improve. The work to be done on my teeth was not well explained. It seemed that the staff and doctor's concern was that my medical insurance would cover a percentage of the dental work. The entrance to the dental clinic is uninviting. Winter time can make the small entrance where the coats and boots are to be placed, very unaccomodating

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. English is not my mother tongue. As stated in my profile, I graduated from Peking University in China, and continued my education at Western University. I have to admit, with many degrees in dentistry, not in English, my dental treatments are better than my speech. In our office, all patients become my teachers, and I love to learn new things from them and improve my languages every day. As far as insurance, it is a contract between the member and the insurance company. When patients ask, we help them to find out the coverage before treatment to avoid any surprise. I understand that our front entrance is far from ideal and Ottawa winters are hard on every businesses. Fortunately, all our patients are very understanding. They know coming through the door, big or small, they will receive high quality dental treatment that we provide. My responsibility is to use my experience and knowledge to work together with our patients to achieve their goal. Hence, I always take my time to explain my patient's current situation and the treatment options, so that they can make informed decisions. Our staff speak 5 different languages, and we all know communication is key, so we always work as a team to help patients understand better. We went through our schedule and we cannot relate this review to any specific patient. Please call me directly and give me the opportunity to explain about your treatment in detail. Or, I will offer you a free consultation so I can clarify any questions or concerns you might have about your dental needs. Sincerely, Dr. Wu and staff

Submitted May 29, 2018

Dr. Wu and her staff were extremely caring and kind. This was my first visit to a dentist in over 7 years. I was extremely anxious and worried, but the staff and Dr. Wu made my experience extremely painless. For anyone who fears the dentist as much as I do, this is without a question the location for you.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. It was a pleasure meeting you. I’m glad we were helpful and that you felt comfortable and at ease in our clinic. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Wu and staff

Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr Wu is the best in whole of Ottawa.. I am not exaggerating, I had a broken crown and went for consultations to multiple dental clinics, each and everyone suggested a huge bill and how they can do nothing because of cavity blah blah.. Dr Wu took a deeper look and she gave me the right facts and fixed. I appreciate her dedication and the honesty very much, she is so much passionate about her work. I lover her sincerity and patience :).. I travel all the way from Kanata to Montreal Road and don't regret a bit. Worth checking her out before going anywhere.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for your kind words. There are many great dentists in Ottawa, I was just doing what I can to help you. There are different approaches to fix your issue. What we did is temporary, this will give you some time to think about your options before you make a decision. I really appreciate that you traveled a long way to see us and I am looking forward to treating you in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Wu and staff

Submitted April 24, 2018

Two visits now for a cleaning and cavity filling. Dental hygienists are top notch. I showed up early and they got my appointment before the scheduled time. Dr. Wu is very friendly and explains what is going on - not pushy at all for treatments.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for your complement. It’s a pleasure to have you in our clinic. The team that I am privileged to work with provides high quality treatments. And we believe high quality dental services has a positive impact on our patients long term Oral Health and everyday life. Sincerely, Dr. Wu and Staff

Submitted April 26, 2018

Top marks for Dr. Hilary Wu and her team. The appointments are promptly scheduled, the hygienists give helpful advice, and Dr. Wu uses excellent judgement.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you had a positive experience with our team. We are always here to help. Sincerely, Dr. Wu and Staff

Submitted May 9, 2018

I am totally satisfied by Dr. Hilary Wu and all of her staff. They are very friendly and extremely competent. Dr. Wu does not suggest unnecessary procedures. Claudine takes such care and attention to detail when she cleans your teeth. I could not ask for a better dental team!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Dr. Hilary Wu's response
Thank you for your comment. Claudine is definitely among the best hygienists I have had the pleasure to work with. She cares about patients ,she is very thorough and gentle at the same time. Our staff members all share the same ideas when suggest treatments, “Treat the patient the way we would treat our family”. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Wu and staff

Submitted May 10, 2018

Dr. Wu is great. So glad we found a dentist who is honest, caring and competent. She also has super nice staff who make my visit relax and enjoyable. Believe or not, the hygienist once was singing lullaby to my 1 year old when I got my teeth cleaned. I like the way they take care of my family. I wish I could work with them, their job seems fun.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Feels like family. I use to be scared so bad . Anxiety panic attacks etc.. now i can say no more fear. Best dentist in town.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I have had a number of dentists over the years and I finally feel like I have found one that I can talk to freely and that I trust. I had a previous dentist who was "onlay happy" - every solution required an onlay. That dentist almost ruined me! The other one I had was kind but I didn't feel confident in his abilities. Finally, there is Dr Wu - she explains things very clearly and seems genuinely concerned about me as a person. Her assistant is so knowledgeable and her hygienists so gentle, and her front office staff are all so genuine!! When you find someone who is competent and who cares - what more can you ask!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr. Hilary Wu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wu had her dental surgeon training in Peking University. She continued her specialist training in the same school and graduated as a prosthodontist in year 2000. After she came to Canada, Dr. Wu studied in Western University, then graduated with distinction and received her D.D.S. degree. In 2012 she moved to Ottawa with her family. Since then she dedicates herself in the community to treat, help and take care of her patients. Dr. Wu emphasizes on preventative dental treatment and planning. She works together with her hygiene department systematically helping patients to prevent gum disease and cavity. As a result, to reduce their chances of having oral discomfort, to avoid needing extensive or expensive dental treatment. Dr. Wu specializes in restorative dental treatment, under comprehensive design, to restore and improve patient's oral functionality and aesthetics. Willing to benefit the patients with her many years of knowledge and experience, Dr. Wu and her team strive to help the patients feel good and look good, and to support their patients to achieve better oral health and brighter smiles in the long term. To put her dental care philosophy in a few words: Treat the patients the way we want our family to be treated.

• Mandarin
  • English

• Peking University (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2012)

• Dr. Gerald Z. Wright Award

• An investigation of dental anomalies related to human missing teeth
  • The detection of the mutation in PAX9 gene related to missing teeth