Dr. Hilary Wu

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Hilary Wu

I have had a number of dentists over the years and I finally feel like I have found one that I can talk to freely and that I trust. I had a previous dentist who was "onlay happy" - every solution required an onlay. That dentist almost ruined me! The other one I had was kind but I didn't feel confident in his abilities. Finally, there is Dr Wu - she explains things very clearly and seems genuinely concerned about me as a person. Her assistant is so knowledgeable and her hygienists so gentle, and her front office staff are all so genuine!! When you find someone who is competent and who cares - what more can you ask!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr. Wu is very professional, her clinic is very clean and sanitary and her staff is excellent!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Wonderful experience. Dr. Wu and all her staff have made a former dentist-phobic patient actually look forward to check-ups and cleanings.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr. Wu and her team of hygienist along with the very welcoming receptionists are very dedicated and efficient. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Having had bad experiences in the past, I HIGHLY RECOMEND DR. WU. Very gentle and efficient, as is her staff.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Couldn't be happier ... changing my dentist and she is awesome ... they are awesome... their facility is awesome .... this is all I can say...

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Most excellent dentist, staff and philosophy...highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

We are so fortunate to have found Dr. Wu to take care of our dental health. The care she provided us extends well beyond our dental needs. She is very passionate with her work and really cares about her patients and takes the time to explain any issues in great detail. Her staff are very professional and friendly. We would highly recommend Dr. Wu to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I have a phobia of dentists, so I searched the internet thoroughly for the "best-rated" one I could find. Lovely staff (Nadia, reception) nice atmosphere in the office, awesome technician (Ashley). Can't say I enjoyed my extraction, but I am sure I picked the best place to have it done. This will be my office from now on...highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

We have to leave this office due to job relocating. I'd like to share my experience and say THANK YOU to Dr. Wu for taking care of our family. We've been seeing Dr. Wu for several years, she's SIMPLY THE BEST. She's the most competent and the gentlest dentist I've ever had. She is a perfectionist and she takes time to explain. Her staff are very friendly and helpful too. Claudin is our hygienist. She is very knowledgeable and gentle as well. Her cleaning is always 100%. I felt my teeth are SUPER clean every time, she's just AMAZING. They do get busy sometime, but for the services we received, it definitely worth the waiting. My teeth are stronger compare with a few years ago. Never regret to see Dr. Wu, and her office is one of the places we'll remember about Ottawa.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Hilary Wu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wu had her dental surgeon training in Peking University. She continued her specialist training in the same school and graduated as a prosthodontist in 2000. After she came to Canada, Dr. Wu studied in the University of Western Ontario, then graduated with distinction and received her D.D.S. degree. In 2012 she moved to Ottawa with her family. Since then she dedicates herself in the community to treat, help and take care of her patients. Dr. Wu emphasizes on preventative dental treatment and planning. She works together with her hygiene department systematically helping patients to prevent gum disease and cavity. As a result, to reduce their chances of having oral discomfort, to avoid needing extensive or expensive dental treatment. Dr. Wu specializes in restorative dental treatment, under comprehensive design, to restore and improve patient's oral functionality and aesthetics. Willing to benefit the patients with her many years of knowledge and experience, Dr. Wu and her team strive to help their patients feel good and look good, and to support their patients to achieve better oral health and brighter smiles in the long term. To put her dental care philosophy in a few words: Treat the patients the way we want our family to be treated.

• Mandarin
  • English

• Peking University (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2012)

• Dr. Gerald Z. Wright Award

• An investigation of dental anomalies related to human missing teeth
  • The detection of the mutation in PAX9 gene related to missing teeth