Ratings for Dr. Y Farage

My entire family left this clinic because Dr. Farage diagnosed both my husband and my own dental issue incorrectly. I had pain in a molar that she saw me for as an emergency exam and basically told me that she didn't know whether it was a regular filling that was going to fix the tooth or a root canal and crown. Price wise it's a huge difference! She recommends a filling and says let's see how it goes. So she did it and it still hurt like heck so decided to go elsewhere to fix it because I lost all faith in her. The new dentist said that she would have to fix Dr. Farages work and ended up doing a silver filling because she felt that if the filling wouldn't work I would need a root canal and there is no sense wasting money on a white filling (what Farage did) if it eventually needs a root canal and crown. To date that silver filling is fine. Fast forward a few months, my husband goes in and his usual dentist has moved, apparently this clinic who was owned by Dr. Thurmier was sold and they place him with Dr. Farage, I did not know this! Apparently she tells my husband the same thing as me, that the tooth needs a filling, could be a root canal but it looks ok. Fine- he goes back gets it filled and the poor guy is down for the count, he's a strong guy and can take pain fairly well but by day 3 he's in the fetal position popping Motrin like a meth addict! He calls the clinic and demands to get a second opinion- he gets in again and a new young dentist (he's no longer there either) tells him, nope, it was clear that the tooth needed a root canal and a crown because it was in really bad shape and wasn't sure why Dr. Farage didn't do that initially, well neither were we! $2,000 later in dental work to repair her work is unacceptable! I will give her this, she is good with kids. Perhaps that's all she should do!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015