Ratings for Dr. David Maxwell

October last year, was referred to Dr DAVE MAXWELL, by my family GP in Cronulla! Spoke to others in Cronulla who have been sorted by him, and they had nothing but kind words for his expertise! I had a RHS hip replacement, which saw me in Kareena Hospital for 11 days! Rehab was helpful, but on discharge, decided to carry out further self-rehab at home! It was a painful experience, but worked thru it! Then in Feb/Mar this year, had a lower back L1 to L5 Sciatic operation, same hospital, 5-days & under David! Am now back working in a heavy job , looking forward to surfing again when warmer weather hits! Have since been back to David for Plantar Fasciitis of the right foot, to which David has been an immense help, & it is slowly getting better! I have no reservations in recommending DR DAVID MAXWELL to anyone who needs an excellent ortho surgeon in the Shire!!! I am 63 years of age! Cannot understand the totally negative comments on here, but opinions are an entitlement, but like a**eholes, everyone has one!!! Thanks........ Pete T.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Absolutely horrific. Two back operations later and he nearly crippled me. it took two neurosurgeons 8 hours to fix up the mess he made. He left pieces of bone floating around in the wound site which formed cysts. I learnt from this never let an orthopaedic surgeon near your back only neurosurgeons this is especially true of this butcher

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Hired gun for insurance companies. .Big time bs'r. Falsifying and embellishing. Loves to belittle and shame patients and make them feel worthless and all for the coin. How does he sleep...bws me thinks top shelf or cleanskins. Zero staff ...take a witness.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I saw him not so long ago as insurance matter. Seems to be mixed reviews. Thanks.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

He has a kind and gentle manner and doesn't rush his patients. I felt like he really listened to me.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

He is so kind and thoughtful and so experienced! He sorted out my back issues when nobody else could understand what was going on. He has a wealth of knowledge and his kind touch does not go unnoticed.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Looked after my mother (hip), my sister (back) and now me (shoulder). A great guy,

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr Maxwell is kind and knowledgable and has a genuine desire to help his fellow man. He listened attentively and took all things into consideration when reaching a diagnosis. It was great to have a doctor who didn't rush for the prescription pad but rather approached recovery with minimal intervention. He is humble and empathetic and has worked volunteering in developing countries performing operations and teaching orthopaedic procedures to doctors in these hospitals so clearly isn't driven by monetary gain as some of these ridiculous comments would suggest. Dr Maxwell is a skilled, extremely experienced and ethical doctor from a highly respected lineage of orthopaedic surgeons. I would wholeheartedly recommend seeing him!

Submitted March 3, 2017

Unfortunately I cannot rate 0 stars, as this is what he deserves. He is a hired gun for Insurance companies such as NRMA et cetera. I was seen by him and he made a complete medical diagnosis, without even looking at my MRI and CT scans which every Dr I have seen from ER Drs, to other specialists, which I have paid, and they all have seen the issue with myself. This man, while taking personal calls during my consult, leaving the room several times, and he decides that there is nothing wrong with me, despite other experts, whom I might add have far better qualifications than this yahoo. He is rude, arrogant, and does nothing but write lies on his reports, proven as we recorded the entire session, which is total of being there almost an hour, he spent maybe 15 minutes with me. So I know that the report he wrote was wrong, unethical and possibly illegal, as statements he decided to make up, where never e'en mentioned on the recording we made. His report was full of fluff, a lot to do with his education et cetera, which to be honest isn't that impressive. But he is a BS´r, and wrote so much filler in the report he wrote. And from several forums online, and a few other key people, he is paid handsomely to embellish reports in favour of big insurance companies. Who would you think he would side with, a patient paying him $300 or an insurance company paying him 10 times that amount. I do not know how he sleeps at night knowing he has lied and that he falsifies reports in favour of insurance companies. I often wonder what it feels like to sell your soul; well I only need to ask him. Avoid him in all aspects, and find a REAL Dr that still has integrity, morals and ethics

Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr. David Maxwell

Dr. David Maxwell's response
I am sorry that you didn't get what you wanted and feel you need to belittle me on an online forum. I have well over 35 years of experience in cases like yours. Your claims of 'gun for hire' and BS'r are simply over the top.

Submitted March 16, 2017

I'm a 39 year old woman who has suffered with perthes disease in my right hip all of my life. Mr Maxwell decided I needed a steroid injection, which I said I didn't want but he decided to do it anyway. 8 weeks later, after being in severe pain, I was taken in to hospital again for an arthroscopy. 15 months down the line, I have since moved out of the area and now under a different health authority, I have now had to under go a complete hip replacement as I didn't need the previous surgery and have been unable to walk properly since I had surgery under Mr Maxwell.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. David Maxwell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Sydney (Grad. 1976)

Amerigroup