Dr. Phillip Chang

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Phillip Chang

Dr Chang is the real deal, I am so happy to have received my cochlear implant a month ago, the confidence I had in Dr Chang and the team behind him was immense, I can't thank them all enough for the support, understanding and caring shown to me. Thank you Dr Chang your the best.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

Confidence is what I felt when I met Dr. Chang. He recently did a Cochlear Implant surgery on my 7 month old daughter. At no time did my husband or I worry about the surgery our little girl was about to have. Both Dr. Chang and his lovely staff were caring, kind and explained everything in detail, which really put us at ease. He has given her the absolute best start in life that a little girl with hearing loss could hope for, and we are very grateful to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2019

I don’t need any hearing aids at all!Thanks to Dr Philip Chang. My hearing was deteriorating over the years. I was referred to a ENT called Patrick in my local health clinic approx. 2 years back. He gave me a very simple auditory test, that sort of you would expect from a school health check. Then straight away he tried the hearing aids on me and told me that I need it, without even checking my ears. Coming out from his office, he yelled to my husband who was waiting outside: deaf woman, deaf woman. Wow, this is not professional! My husband said. And he reckoned this ENT is a salesman. Recently I heard someone has hearing problem due to a health issue. This drove me to seek for a second opinion on my hearing loss. I found Dr Chang from this website with lots of good reviews. After thorough auditory test and examination on my ears, a cyst was found in my ear canal. Surgery with Dr Chang was booked ASAP. A cyst of a corn size was removed from my ear canal. I felt like reborn again. Now I can hear in meetings, watch TV in the same volume as rest of my family. What will happen if I wore hearing aids as suggested and left this cyst inside for few more years? Would it grow into my nervous, my brain? The damage caused by this salesman ENT may not limited to monetary term but worse scenario would be life threatening. If you ever double about your diagnosis, seek for second opinion. If you ever need an ENT, come to Dr Chang, warm, caring, professional. Handpicked 3 best rating ENT specialist in Sydney according to three best rated.com.au. You know you are in capable hand.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

I had lost a lot of faith in the medical industry. Often they act like experts, which I'm sure they are, but take very little time to consider the emotions and frustration behind the problem, About March this year I had an ear infection in my right ear that stole from me a substantial amount of my hearing. For the next month i would be put on various medications to try and resolve the infection but it wasn't clearing up and my hearing was deteriorating. To make matters worse I only have partial hearing out of my left ear since i was 4 years old. This affected my entire hearing and i grew frustrated angry and unpleasant. I went to emergency hoping they would fix the problem but they sent me away with more medications. Extremely frustrated by this i went to see an ENT doctor in Norwest who after a few X-rays recommended i have surgery in my right ear and put in a grommet. I went to Norwest Hospital where he told me after the operation that he didn't put in the grommet because he saw the infection may have gotten into the bone. Deflated and depressed about this was still unable to hear. He then suggested i see Dr Chang who he said was he best bone infection specialist in the country and that he and one other doctor he would trust with his own life. I was then referred to Dr Chang and my 1st meeting with him was strange. He did what most doctors don't do, LISTEN to the patient. He hardly spoke and looked at me and my wife nodding his head as i told him my story,then excused himself and walked out. He came back in and said little but recommended i get an MRI. I went back to him the next day and he suggested i have surgery on the right ear as i may have a choleostoma. He said no rush. Meanwhile this entire time i still could not hear much. Each time i saw him he would have to speak to my wife. The following week i told him how nervous and scared i ws a bout having my ear cut up as my left ear was cut up and left scars and bad memories. He again listened,,,strange for a doctor to do i thought. He walked out of the room and one of his admin workers Nell came in and spoke with my wife and i and counselled us about the pros and cons of surgery resonating with my fears. she was awesome. He then stuck something deep in my ear and said ill see you next week. That week i cried and was so frustrated that i still couldn't hear and would have to wait another week. I returned the following week and he took out what he put in my ear the week before and voila my hearing improved by 60%. The first thing i heard was the air conditioner in the room. I felt like crying and Dr Chang was smiling and said to me "you just made my day". He then suggested that i consider a cochlear in my left ear as a back up in case the right ear has problems down the track. I began to trust and like him more. He completed the surgery and he said the next day "it went perfect it was perfect". The confidence and reassurance he gave me was heartfelt. I thank you Doctor Chang not just for restoring my hearing and improving my overall hearing situation but mostly for trading my like a human instead of a patient. Thank You Nell for being so decent and understanding. x

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

I truly recommend Dr Change, my experience is that he is a gifted doctor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

I lost 100% of hearing on my left ear suddenly last may. I immediately went to my GP who started the right protocol and he sent me to a hearing specialist the following day. That specialist gave me oral steroids, which helped a little bit... but my hearing was not coming back. During conversation, my boss mentioned that he knew the best Ear Nose and Throat Doctor in Asia-Pacific and he suggested me to contact him and mention I was being referred by him. I could not be happier that I did!!! I explained my case and his office called me right away. We scheduled an appointment and after he saw me he suggested a procedure to directly inject steroids in my inner ear. Keep in mind this was 7 months after my hearing loss and he explained that if the procedure would have been performed right away, success would be very likely, but he still wanted to do it because he believed I would get at least partial recovery. He was honestly angry that the other specialist didn't try to go the next step with me... I got the surgery and the results are absolutely amazing. My recovery is still in progress but I now have functional hearing with speech understanding and I am not going to need a hearing aid. Dr Chang is amazing. He explains everything in detail, he is extremely professional and caring and he clearly knows what he is doing. Everyone in his office is helpful, friendly and professional, and I would strongly recommend anyone to seek Dr Chang's assistance if they need the best ENT in town. Yes, most likely you will wait and it will not be a short wait. Dr Chang is extremely busy and he does not rush through his consultations, he takes his time with patients. I don't care about this, I would wait for him as long as it takes. There is no price on getting my hearing back, and certainly waiting a bit to see him is not a problem, he is the best. Thank you to Dr Chang and everyone in your office for your help, you guys are great! Mauricio.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Dr Chang is the specialist that ear specialists recommend and respect most. Caring and clear, he restored my daughters hearing after a complex cholesteotoma removal. In her words 'Dr Chang rocks'. In my words Dr Chang and his phenomenal team provided an unparalleled level of skill, knowledge support and care. Forever grateful.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Dr Chang was the first person to take my hearing loss seriously. He diagnosed and restored my hearing loss within weeks with a laser stapedectomy at St Vincent's hospital. The entire procedure was seemless. He has a lovely manner. I am recommending all my family and friends see Dr Chang for hearing issues. If only I'd got the referral sooner he could have solved my problem years ago.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I was very fortunate as my friend had been telling me for years that i should go and see Dr Chang as i was always struggling to breathe.Finally i decided after being pushed to make an appointment to see Dr Chang. When i first met the Doctor i was put at ease due to his easy going but professional manner.I was taken back a bit ,as i had never in my life had any operations,but by the time i left his rooms and was in hospital ,i felt very relaxed about the whole procedure.Not only was the operation a great success due to the True Professionalism of Dr Chang and his team.As one gets older ,fear of operations always pokes it head up.But ,this was never a problem due to making the right choice in the first place of choosing Dr Phillip Chang as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

My now 4 year old son has been under the care of Dr Phillip Chang since he was 8 months old, regarding middle ear infections and as of recent removal of Tonsils and Adenoids and reinsertion of grommets. We are truly blessed to have our beautiful son under the care of Dr Phillip Chang as he is truly an amazing Dr whom genuinely cares for his patients, has an incredible calming and loving energy, supportive and understanding above and beyond. Dr Phillip Chang is truly an exceptionally special person, whom we cant thank enough for everything that he has done for our son, especially with the recent procedure, my son now has that special sparkle back in his eyes. Dr Phillip Chang also has an amazing team, the anaesthetist and all St Vincent's Hospital staff were extremely caring and his office assistant, Nell, at Norwest Private Hospital is of the same persona, caring, warm, engaging and a extraordinary sense of humor. Dr Phillip Chang and his team are nothing less then 1st class in every possible way!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016