Ratings for Dr. L De Beer

Wish I had never started seeing him when I moved here from Kelowna. He acts like he's on your side and will get to the bottom of things then forgets all about you the next time. NEVER see him if you need to apply for Disability! (Or WCB etc) He said he'd help fill out the papers then when you have papers he back peddles and makes a mess of your claim by marking down that your condition is moderate when it's severe, and likely to last 1-3 months when you've been unable to work due to these conditions for 3 years already and are waiting for MRIs and specialist appointments. Worst Doctor in Cowichan Valley. He had my Mom convinced she had cancer then when she's in a panic says. Oh, no it was nothing. Then scared her about a different cancer, only to be nothing again. He doesn't take the time to go through your files. To busy being pompous and listening to Nana Mouskouri records to give a damn I suppose. He's also afraid of filling any legal forms in a way that shows you have anything other than a short term illness. Pathetic. I'm done with this idiot.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Simply the best doctor I have ever seen, he listens, he's careful with medication, he will do necessary tests. He's kind, with a great bedside manner. He's truely a doctor who cares about people. His staff are exceptional and go above and beyond, and will always seem to fit you in somehow, or let you know to come for walk in times. We feel so fortunate to have found the most exceptional doctor on the island. I would happily wait hours to see him.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

He is my GP and he always listens to what I have to say and takes time to investigate issues. He is a very kind doctor, who truly cares about getting to the bottom of issues. He is fast with referrals and gets results.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

He is very conscientious; he orders tests because he believes they are necessary. My husband had his finger stitched up brilliantly by Dr de Beer who took the time to do a great job. I know from other patients that he takes time to really get to the bottom of complex issues with them. My friend is alive because of his persistence with a surgeon at the Cowichan Hospital. Maybe he does play his cello occasionally - he's human like the rest of us, he needs a break from time to time!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015