Ratings for Dr. Rachel L. Burdett

She is professional and knowledgeable. Shemay run behind schedule but that is because she is thorough with her patients.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I am not shocked to read all the poor ratings and comments regarding Dr Burdett ... She clearly does not care about helping her patients ...Very rude , late all the time and refuses to listen to anything you try to say to her regarding medication side effects ....I found another doctor and it was the best thing I every did when I decided I had enough of this doctor s uncaring manners . She is only in it for the big money !!! I am surprised that the hospital allows her to conduct her health care services the way she does !!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Appointment with Psychiatrist Dr. Rachel L. Burdett at the Leamington Hospital at 11am. NOTE: I have no idea how this appointment went. If this Doctor will be helpful or hurtful? The reason why I say this is because of the following events while at this appointment in which I have never met a Doctor with such a bad attitude, bedside manner, and the appearance that she was actually angry with people (Patients), and that we are a waste off her time !!! 1 – When the door to the Doctors office opened Dr. Burdett was coming out with two Senior Citizens. Dr. Burdett said “there is no magic pill, figure this out yourself.” 2 – At approximately 12:35pm, while another patient was in with Dr. Burdett, a lady arrived and asked me if I was here to see Dr. Burdett. I said “yes”. She asked at what time my appointment was. I said 11am. She said “that figures! Dr. Burdett is always running extremely late and never cares about you or your time”. This lady got up and went to reception, and said to the Receptionist “I want a new referral to a Psychiatrist because Dr. Burdett is horrible, and I am not paying for this appointment because the guy sitting in the waiting room (me) has already been sitting there for over an hour and a half; and I don’t have the time to wait.” 3 – While still waiting a lady, approximately mid-20’s, came in and sat down. 4 – The door to Dr. Burdett’s office opened and the lady that was in there with her came out; I heard Dr. Burdett say to her “you are going to have to come up with a new plan for your life and figure it out on your own”. 5 – I went in to the office with Dr. Burdett at approximately 1:15pm for my 11am appointment; while in there Dr. Burdett seemed to be extremely uninterested in what I had to say. She cut me off mid sentence several times. She went on her phone 3 times, while I was talking, and appeared to be texting someone who was sending her messages. When I asked her what she thought and if she had any advice. She said she would send a report to my Family Doctor. That is it. I got nothing from her. 6 – The lady mentioned in bullet number 3 above was gone when I came out of my appointment. I guess she decided she couldn’t wait for Dr. Burdett either. Again, I have no idea as of this time whether or not Dr. Burdett will be helpful with my struggles, but as of this moment I would be very surprised if she gives a helpful report to my Family Doctor. She is just one very nasty Doctor who seems to really hate her job, hates the patients she sees, and maybe only in it for the paycheque.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I found Dr. Burdett to be very pleasant, and has a great bedside manner. She is very knowledgeable in her field and quite helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone that needs her assistance. :)

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I have never been to a more incompassionate and cold Doctor in my life. I waited almost two hours to see this doctor. After I sat down with her, she asked me many personal questions and was writing the whole time I spoke. In the end she tells me in the coldest way that she can't help me and that she recommends I see a counsellor for my issues and my family doctor for meds. I asked why and she told me not to take things personally....that they are understaffed in the area and that she doesn't have time to listen to anything, ONLY prescribe medication. Basically an over paid pill pusher with no compassion or empathy. She only asked questions to find out if you would be an issue for her time wise....she only wants patients who are coming in for a script refill. I felt so violated that I just spilled my heart to this person....ONLY because she asked me to and than she rejected me for it. I explained to her that I really needed to see her on a continuous basis for the main purpose of adjusting my meds as required because I've had a hard time finding a combination that works for me and that I thought psychiatrically specialized in this area....not my family doctor. She did not care one bit what I was saying and looked at the clock saying she had another patient. I have never been treated so coldly, and with a complete lack of compassion. How awful of this doctor to treat people this way and say she works in a profession where she is supposed to help me . Just terrible!!!! I am so dissapointed with this doctor and to make matters worse I waited 6 months for the spot. Please take my word for it and dont waste your time with this one.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016