Ratings for Dr. Anna Hinek

Was very uncertain about taking my daughter to see this dr after reading so many negative reviews. Should have listened to my gut! Tried getting in touch with the office before the appointment to ask some questions as saw she didn’t like to answer them in the appointment. Called 36 times with no response. When I asked the receptionist about this, she said she must have been on the line. Totally unreasonable as this is the only way to reach them. Then wouldn’t accept my daughters health card as it had been accidentally punched by service Ontario. I explained it was a valid card and we had been instructed to continue using it, and had been for the past year and then some. Receptionist refused to run the card to even see if it was valid, no matter what I said to her. Instead insisted on $100 fee be paid. The receptionist said the Dr stated this was the policy for that office. Needless to say we left. I went straight to Service Ontario where I was told the card was fine and should have been accepted. Trust your gut. Stay away from this Dr and her receptionist!

Submitted December 8, 2017

After reading these reviews I almost cancelled my appointment. I am so glad I didn't. The Dr. couldn't have been nicer. She took the time to explain to me what my condition was and what steps I could take to remedy it. She treated another minor issue I had and checked me over for other potential problems. I was very satisfied.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Never been to a dermatologist before this was my first time.. waited months to see her after dealing with some sort of skin rash/ hives.. only went because my doctor referred me to her and I really didn't know who else to go to .. I am very confused with my condition as I didn't really have this issue before and i am in my late 40s ..,and all the sudden this thing skin thing happened to me.. I was expecting more from her .. better explanation of my condition what to do .. I was expecting more..something at least .. she didn't even touch my skin she didn't even really look it over ,.. I think it was in her office for maybe about two minutes .. it was just a quick here's cream go away.. come back in a month. left me even more confused than when I started and me doing a lot of my own Internet research with way more questions than I started with not helpful at all Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

It is absolutely impossible to get a hold of anyone on the phone in this office. I have been trying to speak with someone, simply to confirm my appointment. I have been trying for 3 days without luck. Beyond ridiculous!!!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Waited 1 hr. For the doctoc she was very rude., Condesending, dismissive, I ntolerant when asked questions. Never made to feel more stupid in my life. I have been suffering with this condition for 2 yrs. She couldn't are any less

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I saw this doctor on Thursday and she is by far the worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. She was dismissive, rude and treated me like a little child (and I am sure I am at least 25 years older than she is). She would not let me ask questions, and rushed me out of her office within 5 minutes. I truly understand that doctors are busy and overworked these days, but...there is absolutely no reason she had to be that ignorant. This is one very unhappy and miserable women. And should not be dealing with people or even animals!! No General Practitioner in Mississauga should be referring their patients to her. I totally agree with all the negative comments below about this women.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

First time meeting this doctor and she sure lived up to the review comments. She is not very friendly and dismissed any additional questions I had, she told me I need a different referral to discuss other concerns.. I found this strange because I was already there so what’s the harm? Not going back, and will get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

First and last experience with her. Late, dismissive and did not really help much at all. Very, very rude. I'm paying for her and it makes it sound like shes volunteering to help me. AVOID and find a better dermatologist.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

If you are reading this dr hinek, give up your medical license, you do not deserve it. I have had the worst experience today and I Am going to be making a formal complaint with the royal college. Dr. hinek AND her staff are rude, dismissive, and have zero sense of empathy or kindness. Dr. Hinek you are a truly terrible person.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

The nurses at the centre were very kind and helpful; however, Dr. Hinek herself was not only a horrible doctor but one horrible human being. I went in for my eczema which I have been struggling with for years and when I couldn't remember the cream that SHE PRESCRIBED to me, she had the audacity to call me a "bad patient". She then tried to send me back to an allergist which she did the last time I saw her and I told her it didn't work. She tried to give me some creams to try but I told her that I have already tried those creams and they made no difference on my skin in which she then told me that I was being uncooperative. I told her the moisturizer I am using from Lush seems to be the cream that has worked best in my 20 years of having this skin condition and she told me that it was horrible for my skin and I shouldn't be using that. In the end she just prescribed me the same steroid cream I already have, which clearly doesn't work, and then left. She was incredibly dismissive and would not listen to my concerns or even take the time to understand what I have been going through. I wish I had read some of the reviews on this site before waiting two months to get absolutely no help. I would also like to mention that be belittled me when I started having a panic attack for the way that she was talking to me and treating me.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017