Ratings for Dr. Michael Goggin

I have recently had laser vision correction with Dr Michael Goggin, I have been to other laser vision correction clinics in Adelaide in the past and they were mostly rude and made me feel uncomfortable. I expected something similar at Ashford Advanced Eye Care but I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff from reception to the nursing staff were excellent and Dr Goggin was exceptional, he took the time to explain the procedure and risks with me, he also allowed me time to ask any questions I had and I felt very comfortable having my procedure done with Dr Goggin. Following the consultation I had a couple of questions, I called the clinic and the staff got back to me promptly after speaking with Dr Goggin. My procedure went very well and I have wonderful vision thanks to Dr Michael Goggin. I have since recommended him to many of my friends and colleagues.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Attended for Lasik surgery to correct short sightedness in both eyes. Eyes regressed to short sightedness two years later. Returned to see Dr Goggin. Doctor carried out PRK on one eye, sacrificing reading sight in that eye. He did not explain risks associated with PRK procedure. Since that procedure the function of that eye deteriorated to a point where I had to attend the Emergency Department of a major hospital due to extreme pain and dry eyes where I had to use ointment and drops for a number of years, but this did not relieve the discomfort and pain. Hospital treating doctor was helpful. Hospital subsequently advised me to return to Dr Goggin for on-going treatment an d care. I attended Dr Goggin with letter from hospital. He checked my eye and said, "Do not come back!" Had no choice but to see GP for referral to another eye specialist who diagnosed me as having recurring cornea erosion resulting from Dr Goggin's PRK procedure. Years later I'm still suffer pain and require ongoing treatment from cornea specialist. Advice: do not go to this doctor! He has avoided responsibility and does not care about patient who suffered adverse effects from his surgery. It's appalling that his solution to the problem was, "Do not come back!"

Submitted December 6, 2016